PDA

View Full Version : The CF wing that ALMOST was.....

BlackNRedSi
08-29-2003, 09:27 AM
ATTENTION: 09/02/03

Ok all...!!! :) So I just got off the phone with Ray@Kaminari...He just put a new CF wing into production for me...They are going to send the wing to me, then I'll send mine back...So this is a turn for the good! Thanks for everyones attention and help!

Hey All....So yeah I got my KAMINARI WING the other day from ShowStoppersUSA....I am rather upset with Kaminari for the poor job they did on 'doing the wing by hand' from a distance you cant see the fuk up they did on the wing, but upclose you can...and you will beable to see by the pictures i have here...

The wing all in all was 400 dollars shipped
they claimed it was US fit, but infact it Does need modifications to fit right (which i havent done yet because its fuked up from them)

I called and just emailed Kaminari for them to give me a replacement because this will NOT do...and if i do not get a replacment i will have to be forced to do a chargeback...The wing is CF and would look real nice if it didnt have all of these blemishs on it...well you guys review it and tell me what you all think!

Thanks for reading!

Eric

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p7ee8e66db6a94057de5ff654eb403413/fb3ef955.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p4583994a9713c362aa6bcf1eb4ae5cc1/fb3ef9f8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pf97e3e45996e8a4ebdc1584412529ad3/fb3ef952.jpg

This is the top of the wing...So yeah...I am suppose to enter car shows with THIS?!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p667bf869f1fe84662fa0ef93a5cf4dd3/fb3ef9e0.jpg

Side
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pfb82e0c23a97ec106edda112a11de5f8/fb3ef9c8.jpg

under the wing
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pe48d9d04a26e60f953241c6ba3e72a55/fb3ef9d8.jpg

other side
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pe358590e10dc53bbf7f5c885dfbc5b19/fb3ef9e8.jpg

Yuck!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/peaf89fca24ef49722cf5360f901cedd2/fb3ef9ce.jpg

WTF
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p5f4a7e5306f1a6c962a4bec9626500f7/fb3ef9dd.jpg

BlackNRedSi
08-29-2003, 09:28 AM
Here is the email convo i just had with this guy! Read it backwards from bottom to top.... WTF!

No ray you will see these photos and you will agree with me that this wing is a FULL defect, I would not bitch about it if it wasn

BSEVEER
08-29-2003, 09:35 AM
Looks to me like some of that dammage (not the scratches) may have happened durring shipping. Wait and see what they say. Good luck, sounds like a big pain in the ass.

ssvr6
08-29-2003, 09:36 AM
That sucks man. Good luck with this!

Steve

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
08-29-2003, 09:40 AM
The only blemishes that are acceptable on a carbon fiber piece are inconsistencies in the carbon fiber pattern. It should NOT be cracked/chipped/wavy/etc.

That is unacceptable.
You should get a new wing or your money back.

Good Luck!

beansbear
08-29-2003, 09:57 AM
hey blknred..
i know how you feel. I got a DG motorsports Hood for my Matrix that was the same way. The edges had bubbles in it and was only partly buffed out. I was pissed but couldnt afford to send it back because i live in Hawaii.

To further the sillyness I paid to have windshield washers cut in the hood but they sent the hood without it done. also the top back end of the hood had major bubbling or what looked like resin rise...

I called them to complain and they told me that i could just take it to a body shop to fix it on my $.

I eneded up just never doing business with them.

Mugen_EP
08-29-2003, 10:01 AM
WOW:eek: That looks pretty bad..I'd be so pist. Hope it all works out for you.

BlackNRedSi
08-29-2003, 10:51 AM
ok well here is the update:

I just called Kaminari and I spoke with a man named Ben, Ben said that him and Ray will look @ the email first thing on Tuesday (ray is on vaca, and ben is the only one there right now...) and if Ben feels it is a complete messup from Kaminari, they will send me a 'Call Tag' basicially sending me a new replacement (before i send mine back) he said they usually dont do this with retail, but there are some exceptions....Very nice guy, so we will see where that goes....

He said make sure the scratches are not ontop of the clear coat....

Which they ARE NOT, i ran my finger across the scratches and i didnt feel anything....

I am going to bring the wing to a professional detail shop and have them look @ the wing (while i am there)...The detail shop said they will give me a written review of what 'they think is wrong with the wing' so i can send that to Kaminaria so i dont have to send my wing, then have another one sent out....

So this could be a turn for the good, out of a turn for the worst....

I am going to have to take the wing off, becuase it looks like sht cause it needs to be modified to fit, when i do the modification, anyone have any suggestions on how to do it?

see how the wing is raised up?
http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/wingdamage/IMG_0024.JPG

http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/wingdamage/IMG_0026.JPG

Thanks guys!

Eric

beansbear
08-29-2003, 11:21 AM
the raised wing thing happened with my wings west type R copy as well. i just added some foam stripping to the front section where the wing screws into the hatch at both ends and it fixed the problem.

im not sure if that will work with your wing or not but i couldnt figure out any other way to get mine flush.

BlackNRedSi
08-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by beansbear
the raised wing thing happened with my wings west type R copy as well. i just added some foam stripping to the front section where the wing screws into the hatch at both ends and it fixed the problem.

im not sure if that will work with your wing or not but i couldnt figure out any other way to get mine flush.

yeah i was thinkin of that too...guess you can get that stuff @ Home Depot or something right?

the guy @ Kaminari said to sand down the two notches on either side where it fits into the back of the hatch.... ::Shrugs:: i think i know what he is talking about, maybe ill do that....but i aint gonna modify anything till i get a 'yes' 'no' on what they are going to do with the wing...thats prolly a good idea no?

Anyways, yeah man i was reading what you said about your hood, that sucks sooo much....they wouldnt help you out @ all with the hood?! WTF i woulda went ape shit on them!

WB

Eric

beansbear
08-29-2003, 11:33 AM
yeah you can get that stuff at homedepot. i would get some pretty firm foam. in fact you can go to walmart and buy one of those placemats that have the foam on the bottom and try that. Thats the type of foam i used. its firm but spongy.

yeah i was pissed. they didnt return emails after the sale. also they didnt ship when they said they would ship...

im at a disadvantage because i live on an island and everything is so far. its an extra extra effort when the piece is huge like a hood. the matrix hood is way bigger than the civic. i will probably just use showstoppers for all my big purchases. rocky and chuck have taken good care of me so far... they even answer emails when they have time :)

Type X
08-29-2003, 05:18 PM
send it back
tell them its shitty
link them ur pix

and get the replacement
or the $

civic hatch boi
08-29-2003, 06:08 PM
those calimari people seem like faggots.

BlackNRedSi
08-29-2003, 06:44 PM
This is a post from a cool dude on SRTForums about his wing : Thanks
mihimahi

When I got my fiberglass/carbonfiber wing from Kaminari (I went there to pick it up, since I live 10 min away) I saw some scratches, etc., in the carbon fiber. They told me it would come out when I got the detailing needed before I installed it. The scratches DID come out,... but, hey, on that sorry looking thing they sold you, there is more than scratches. There are some serious flaws in that piece of crap. I met their r&d guy, he is just some old fart that works there, he's nothing special.
Too bad you already installed it, though. Best thing would have been to send it back immediately, so they can't say the damage was done by install.
Good luck!!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pag...d=406580&page=1

siver-SI
08-29-2003, 08:14 PM
I want a CF hood and wing so I will have to see how this goes. I do a lot of of my buying on large $ things by what people have had to deal with.

blackyEP3
08-30-2003, 08:30 AM
That is a pretty shitty fit for that wing! Best of luck man! I hope they serve you right!

StrangeShadow
08-31-2003, 12:20 AM
did you talk to showstoppers...maybe they'll send you a new one and deal with Kaminari on the deffect.

SiR Medic
08-31-2003, 10:44 AM
That's too bad man!

I really do love the design of the wing though! Nice and subtle.

I'd love to get my hands on a cheaper fibreglass version that would be painted as to avoid all the crap you are going through...

BlackNRedSi
09-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
That's too bad man!

I really do love the design of the wing though! Nice and subtle.

I'd love to get my hands on a cheaper fibreglass version that would be painted as to avoid all the crap you are going through...

yeah thats true, but it is a SO NICE peace of CF! Like the whole thing is, and its enclosed in gel and clear coats...real nice, you have to see one in person! Its alot different than the Mugen CF wing, the whole thing is nothing but CF!

Eric

KhmerRomeo
09-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Ay guyz, I was lookin around the net for one of those. I found one, but no pics, a CTR CF wing for like $350. Its at SEIBON.com. Check it out if you'd like.

BlackNRedSi
09-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by KhmerRomeo
Ay guyz, I was lookin around the net for one of those. I found one, but no pics, a CTR CF wing for like $350. Its at SEIBON.com. Check it out if you'd like.

yeah my wing is kinda different from the CTR wing.... its a kamiari wing, check them out on the net....

Eric

BlackNRedSi
09-22-2003, 08:43 AM
If anyone gives a Sh%t, Kamiari still is jerkin me around...Fuk that company, this is the last week, im doing a chargeback after this...

Eric

BlackNRedSi
09-23-2003, 06:21 AM
Day 2 of this week...

yesterday @ the beginning of the busienss day I called Ray@KamiariUSA told him i didnt recieve my replacment wing...He said 'i will fax you a tracking number by the end of the day' so i was like 'ok, whatever i can wait' waiting waiting waiting...NOTHING...I called Chuck@SS he said he tried to call ray a few times but he didnt get an answer which is weird cause ray is the only one to pick up the phone...so i dont buy that....So chuck didnt help for sht....So i go to Mugen_EP cause hes the man! asked him to help, he gives ray a call ray promises that it will be on my fax by the end of the day....

Well ladies and gents, its 9:18AM Tuesday...and what do i have!? NOTHING! No fax, no email, no voice mail concerning the matter... So 3 more days left and i will have to be forced to do a ChargeBack on chuck...I would really hate to do this to him, hes a good guy @ SS...but shts gotta be done, and its not...I shelled out 400 bucks for a wing that was damaged, i took it like a man and gave Kamiari and SS a chance to regain my trust...But its lost, so if and im saying IF the wing isnt here by the end of the business day Friday, Ill be forced to chargeback...I hope either Chuck or Ray are reading this post...

oogy-boogy
09-23-2003, 08:00 AM
Damn E, hope all goes well... :(

StrangeShadow
09-23-2003, 12:30 PM
what is a charge back?

fsugatorbait
09-23-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
what is a charge back?

it means he will call his credit card company and tell them the story and they will temporarily refund his monies while they investigate the claim.

StrangeShadow
09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
go for it eric, don't lt those fagstake advantge of you, when ss mesed up other stuff/orders before they fixed it in like a day or too, should be able to do the same for you.

BlackNRedSi
09-23-2003, 12:58 PM
ok....I dont know what the deal was with that Jagoff Ray@Kamiari, but i unleashed Mugen_EP on him, and he got information Ray wasnt giving ME the F'n Customer...

So Mugen_EP Tony if you know him by that...got the tracking number, the wing should be here by tomorrow afternoon....Ray also put on the fax he sent to Tony that HE himself did a full visual inspection of the wing before he sent it out....I got my fingers crossed!

Thanks Tony!!!!!

and thanks to all that have helped you know who you all are!!!

StrangeShadow
09-23-2003, 10:45 PM
good luck man

BlackNRedSi
09-28-2003, 11:15 AM
well i got my replacment one....

with help of emsmith13 we modded it....and it still dont fit...i give up! i am convinced kamiari doesnt know how to make a wing....

oogy-boogy
09-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Damn E, you 2 still haven't been able to get it to fit? What area is still giving you problems?

BlackNRedSi
09-29-2003, 09:46 AM
The whole thing! :(

its a POS wing!

DONT BUY!

StrangeShadow
09-29-2003, 02:10 PM
charge back, and get something else, they sold you a jacked wing, that wont fit.