PDA

View Full Version : Will a RSX-Type S Stock Catback Fit on our Ep3's?

03EP3Si
08-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know if a RSX-Type S Stock Catback exhaust Fit on our Ep3's?

Supposedly this exhaust is very high flowing and the RSX-S is putting out 200 base hp so maybe it would be good flow for our cars... and plus i can get this RSX-S exhaust for free... so if anyone knows please post! thanks!

SiMPLE_SiMON
08-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Why don't you try it since it's free and then let everyone know? I'd be interested to know if there are any real differences between the two.

Peking
08-29-2003, 02:09 PM
Pipe sizes are different. You could weld and modify free piping to existing piping. Interesting idea.

03EP3Si
08-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Ok i will go ahead and try this... and i will let you guys know... if anyone has more info just post! peace!

EP3_DC5
08-31-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3Si
Ok i will go ahead and try this... and i will let you guys know... if anyone has more info just post! peace!

No it does not work. The piping is different, the b pipe does not bolt up to the cat right.... and it's just a little different...
How do I know this? When I was putting my stock exhaust back on my RSX-S when I sold my Invidia, I grabbed the stock EP B pipe instead of the RSX, and couldn't figure out to save my life why the fuck it wouldn't go back on!!! hehehe
So yeh, don't even bother trying.

B18CXr
09-03-2003, 08:10 AM
B-pipe will not fit

cpu519
09-13-2003, 12:13 PM
Ok, the b-pipe doesn't fit, but in what way? We know it won't bolt up to the cat, is that the part that is different? If I had a type S header and cat, would it fit then? I'm talking about the whole catback. Or is the b-pipe and axle-back bent in such a way that it won't fit and mount to the Si? The reason I'm asking is there seems to be pretty good deals out there for used Type S catbacks, and I would be using the Type S header and cat in my Si.

ep pilot
09-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Ok, I was given a free "axle-back" portion of the RSX-S exhaust. I found that where it would attatch to the (B) section of the stock Ep mid-pipe, The RSX-S axle-back portion is to long. Not only that there is not enough room between the rear bumper & the where the lower control arm mount to the frame to clear the larger muffler. I tried everything I could think of to make it work. I don't even think a muffler shop could make it work. I did bolt it up loose and started the car. It is a lot quieter than the twin outlet Ep unit. In fact it makes the car sound like an LX Accord, seriously.