PDA

View Full Version : New Motor Trend

fyzm7357
08-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I was at Barnes & Noble today and saw the new Motor Trend. It the one which talks about all the new 04 and revisions. It states that the 04 Si will have revised head/tail lights, 16" rims, new instrument cluster trim, and new door panel trim. I think that was all....but just a heads up for everyone...

Peking
08-29-2003, 01:41 PM
Anything about price?

streaker666
08-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Even though it might be true...I gotta say this...Motor Trend is one of the worst mag for automotive news...their news breaking stories are usually full of crap.

fyzm7357
08-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Nope, nothing mentioned about price....

IceD out N CALI
08-29-2003, 04:22 PM
wonder what the gauges are going to look like

Civicvtec1ps
08-29-2003, 05:35 PM
we will see . motor trend sucks though ;)

JR03si
08-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Motor Trend does make an estimate about pricing in their Honda Civic/Si article. This article was written for all Civic models, so the price range is an estimate of $13,000-$19,500.
The $19,500 price for the '04 Si is only Motor Trend's estimate, but I'm sure that it isn't too far off from the actual MSRP.

soniccar
08-29-2003, 07:44 PM
You're probably right. And, yes, Motor Trend sucks donkey spurts.

We will see a bit more after Sept. 1 when the news is allowed to show their press kits (non-disclosure) and even more after the Tokyo auto show. Honda has been very tight-lipped about the changes to the Civic line. Usually by labor day, you will see pictures of the new cars. They do this so they can eliminate a bunch of cars on labor day and make room for the new. If you don't like the new ones (usually you know by now) you can go buy the old one before the specials go off (1.9%, dealer incentives). If you like the new ones, wait until January 1st to buy. That's when the deals hit for the 2004 models.

siver-SI
08-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
I was at Barnes & Noble today and saw the new Motor Trend. It the one which talks about all the new 04 and revisions. It states that the 04 Si will have revised head/tail lights, 16" rims, new instrument cluster trim, and new door panel trim. I think that was all....but just a heads up for everyone...

We will see. What about a few months a go they were saying we were getting the type R or at least the motor to the US and now they not saying a thing about it.

StrangeShadow
08-30-2003, 11:48 PM
it's gonna have 5lug too, trim is that oem cf crap look, and it may have the gfx kit, or the kit may be a optional dealership performance package thing.

chubbychu
08-31-2003, 12:01 AM
ya know what? ive stmopped worring about this. more parts for mE!

StrangeShadow
08-31-2003, 12:04 AM
who's worried ...it'll be a new addition to the fam...:shrugs:

MrCivic03
08-31-2003, 06:57 AM
this just means more fame and more parts wee

SiR Medic
08-31-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by streaker666
Even though it might be true...I gotta say this...Motor Trend is one of the worst mag for automotive news...their news breaking stories are usually full of crap.

True dat... True dat...

15 years ago, they were actually one of the BEST, but now they seem to judge cars simply on how much advertising various car companies throw at them.

Look at some of their "CAR OF THE YEAR"s... Chevy Caprice and Ford Thunderbird...
:rolleyes:

00-ITR-373
08-31-2003, 10:14 AM
I wonder if going to 5 lug is to have common front brakes with the RSX. That would mean larger than 10.3" rotors in the front, I think that's what EP has. Unfortunately for us 15" rim fans (weight down, weight down), that might mean we have to run 16's, unless we swapped front disks with an older EP. Again, it's all just speculation.

siver-SI
08-31-2003, 10:21 AM
I hope they do the 5 lug because I want to upgrade my car to 5 lugs. So I am guessing it would be cheaper to do if they were on the SI. My want list if money works out over the winter is 5 lugs, new rims, better rotors and pads, new shocks, and springs (witch I all ready have not installed yet). I first have to find a winter 4x4 so my SI can be in the shop and torn down for a while.

soniccar
08-31-2003, 06:25 PM
I don't know fellas, I think MT is wrong... they are using 17" rims, based on everything else I have read. Safety-wise, being an OEM, 17" rims require 5 lugs simply because of how far away the mass of the rim is from the hub, and requires a little bit better brakes. However, this will only slow the little EP down... but I can't help but think the new EP will be faster. You guys dyno our car and don't even get near 160 bhp stock. What if Honda did some minor improvements in power, say raise the whole power curve up and tell everyone it is still 160. Maybe the chassis dyno would show 145 bhp stock, or something. None of the car's "ratings" would change except that the EPA City Mileage might change. Face it, all K series except our EP and the base RSX dyno out to close to their rated power, kinda like the Neon SRT.

NemesisITR
08-31-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
it's gonna have 5lug too, trim is that oem cf crap look, and it may have the gfx kit, or the kit may be a optional dealership performance package thing.

Who said the new Si is coming in 5 lugs?

IceD out N CALI
08-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR

at this point nobody really knows for sure except those at honda. however we saw those spy pics that have an 04gfx ep with 5-lugs

IknowApirate
08-31-2003, 10:18 PM
I heard it's going to come with a turbocharged V8, all-wheel drive and a roof-mounted .50 caliber machine gun. Not to mention hydraulics...

Is this how rumors get started? Maybe I should add, "from a very reliable source."

siver-SI
09-01-2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by IknowApirate
I heard it's going to come with a turbocharged V8, all-wheel drive and a roof-mounted .50 caliber machine gun. Not to mention hydraulics...

Man now I wish I would have waited for the 04. :(

;)

StrangeShadow
09-02-2003, 01:06 AM
it had them in the pictures, but they may be part of a sport package. :shrugs:

Zero Three Si
09-02-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by IknowApirate

Is this how rumors get started? Maybe I should add, "from a very reliable source."

My dad works for honda and we brought home the 2004 Si...

It's just like the Type R...but it has a 3.5 V6 in it....and it comes with 250 hp....

lol

Is that reliable source enough for ya.....hahahahahhaha