PDA

View Full Version : Wheelmax wheel & tire packages?

bryan
08-29-2003, 03:39 PM
I was looking at getting a set of wheels from wheelmax and was wondering if anyone knows if the tires included in the packages are any good? There are 2 packages available for the wheels I want, $599 and $680 for 4 wheels and tires. Or should I buy the wheels and tires separately? I don't race or anything, I just want the wheels for looks so I don't need anything too special probably just want some tires that will last. Thanks!

Civicvtec1ps
08-29-2003, 08:56 PM
DO NOT buy anything from wheelmax. shietty customor service. ive seen enough shietty stories about that company, i wouldnt even bother buying from them .

bryan
08-29-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
DO NOT buy anything from wheelmax. shietty customor service. ive seen enough shietty stories about that company, i wouldnt even bother buying from them .

hey thanks for the heads up. I wanted to buy a set of Axis Maglites; does anyone know a good place to order them?

audomatik
09-01-2003, 09:55 AM
i've never heard one bad story about them. a local shop deal directly with them. and if something goes wrong, like wrong tire size, they took it all back and shipped everything out in no time. its your choice, one person says good, one says bad. and you can't beat that price.

fsugatorbait
09-02-2003, 11:29 AM
i got my wheels/tires from wheelmax. No problems, the guy who took the order was very friendly and helpful...the tires that came with 17 inch wheels are cheap kumhos, 205 40's. Just my .02

Hatch, Si Hatch
09-02-2003, 11:43 AM
I got my wheel/tire package from wheelmax and had no problems what so ever. The salesman was very helpful because I had the same question you did about the tires. He gave a choice of 3 different brand tires that I could get with the package price and then 3 more that I could get for alittle bit more and gave me the prices. I told him I would call him back because I wanted to do some research on the different tires. He gave me his extension, I did my research, and called him back. A couple days later I had 5 packages(one of them was the lugs nuts and stuff) sitting at my house when I got home. Everything was shipped nicely, the wheels were rapped in plastic and boxed up with extra thick cardboard along with more cardboard at the face of each wheel for protection. Overall I highly recommend wheelmax, the only downfall(which is obvious when ordering from the internet) is you don't get any kind of rotating and balancing deal.

liljosh63
09-02-2003, 11:45 AM
wheelmax is a great place to deal with..i placed my order over the phone and the wheels were in within 9 days...i was very happy with their service and they sent great tires too...give them a try, you shouldnt be dissapointed.