PDA

View Full Version : Type R kit material??

Si Death
08-30-2003, 06:04 PM
I know theres a fiberglass one but are the type r kits that go for around $2000 made of urethane??? Also around how much would it cost to paint a kit???

Mugen_EP
08-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Yes, The OEM Type R kit is urethane. The price of painting it depends on where you are and what quality paint job you are getting.

With body shops there are three major factors and you can generally only get two out of the three.

1) Time
2) Quality
3) Price

If its a great paint job and they get it done quickly then its expensive.

If its a great paint job and its cheap then it takes forever to get your car back.

If its cheap and done quickly then the quality sucks.

Good luck!
:)

Si Death
08-30-2003, 11:19 PM
So whats the range im looking at if time is not of the issue??

ULTRAMANIA
08-31-2003, 12:09 AM
well here's the thing.. you would have to get the JDM bumpers that cost me around $250 to paint each bumper so a total of $500 for both... with two sideskirts, front and back lip cost me around another $500.. also the CTR wing that was shaved down by the body shop and painted with install cost me $300... NOTE that this is just painting your kit.. the bodyshop that i went to had somewhat of a cheap labor cost.. it was $50 per hour, and the body shop took a total of 6 hours to put on the kit... total of $300... soooo add that all up and it comes out to $1600.. thats roughly what i paid for just for the paint and install... i got a good deal on the bumpers and the other attachments with the wing.. cost me a lot, which i would probably never do cosmetics that is this expensive again... not to say that i'm not happy with my finish product... here it is if you're interested...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/peb36312727d459da556c2c26d6835f0c/fb3b2b89.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pf66ba17e8d50a315e156c587f8d689e7/fb6c6ca2.jpg

fsugatorbait
08-31-2003, 06:58 AM
If you have a black car, get the real type R kit cause its made of urethane and comes pre painted to match. If you have to paint the kit and dont mind having fiberglass lips and bumpers get the replica. You could always mix and match with urethane bumpers and fiberglass lips if you wanted to as well. just my .02

psylovibe
08-31-2003, 09:08 AM
does the type r kit any chance come in satin silver or just white and black

Si Death
08-31-2003, 10:35 AM
well here's the thing.. you would have to get the JDM bumpers that cost me around $250 to paint each bumper so a total of $500 for both... with two sideskirts, front and back lip cost me around another $500.. also the CTR wing that was shaved down by the body shop and painted with install cost me $300... NOTE that this is just painting your kit.. the bodyshop that i went to had somewhat of a cheap labor cost.. it was $50 per hour, and the body shop took a total of 6 hours to put on the kit... total of $300... soooo add that all up and it comes out to $1600.. thats roughly what i paid for just for the paint and install... i got a good deal on the bumpers and the other attachments with the wing.. cost me a lot, which i would probably never do cosmetics that is this expensive again... not to say that i'm not happy with my finish product... here it is if you're interested...

gah.... so it cost u like 3600 for basically everything from the kit itself to paint...... gahh.....
Since i have a black car i think ill try the prepainted option that fsugatorbait suggested, save me some $$$.

ULTRAMANIA
08-31-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Si Death

gah.... so it cost u like 3600 for basically everything from the kit itself to paint...... gahh.....
Since i have a black car i think ill try the prepainted option that fsugatorbait suggested, save me some $$$.

yea you would save a grip of money... might wanna consider it then...

BlackNRedSi
09-04-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Si Death

agree...but damn ULTRAMANIA, it must be nice to wake up every morning seeing that car in your driveway! :) its so....TypeRish! :)

Finished product is great ULTRAMANIA

Eric

Jester
09-04-2003, 09:46 PM
ULTRAMANIA=my favourite car on EPHATCH!

ULTRAMANIA
09-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi

agree...but damn ULTRAMANIA, it must be nice to wake up every morning seeing that car in your driveway! :) its so....TypeRish! :)

Finished product is great ULTRAMANIA

Eric

geeeeez thanks.. i'm pretty happy with it, but daaaaaaaaaamn that sure was expensive... now i just gotta save and save for motor work....

anti-hu
09-07-2003, 01:52 AM
im buying a black civic si here pretty soon and want nothing but the type-r body kit for it.

plan on getting the wing from www.spoilerdepot.com, its only 325 and doesnt need to be modified.

now for the front and rear lips you had to get the jdm bumpers right? where and how much did you get the bumpers for? and if jdm nighthawk black is the same as the us nighthawk black that would save some cash.

oh and im new to the forums :) this place looks great!

ULTRAMANIA...yer ride is freaking sweet! i'll hopefully have a black version of that sometime soon.

ULTRAMANIA
09-07-2003, 08:42 PM
the bumpers are not so bad.. you might wanna check out showstoppersusa... i got mine at a-jracing... they're pretty local to me.. also their in canada.. so our US dollars helped out when purchasing it.. heh...

anti-hu
09-08-2003, 07:27 AM
does a-jracing have a web address? i cant seem to find them on the www.

ULTRAMANIA after seeing your car im strongly considering gettin a white civvy...yours is a beauty, do you sleep with that thing in your bed at night?

and how much did the jdm bumbers cost ya?

ULTRAMANIA
09-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by anti-hu
does a-jracing have a web address? i cant seem to find them on the www.

ULTRAMANIA after seeing your car im strongly considering gettin a white civvy...yours is a beauty, do you sleep with that thing in your bed at night?

and how much did the jdm bumbers cost ya?

heh thanks man... yea the bumpers cost me like $800 for both.. yea.. they're not tooooooo cheap.. but.. i guess they're pretty cheap for bumpers... btw.. the web address to a&j is...

http://www.aj-racing.com

buy with confidence... no worries..:)

civic hatch boi
09-08-2003, 11:45 AM
yeah ultramania > type X :)

BlackNRedSi
09-08-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by anti-hu
im buying a black civic si here pretty soon and want nothing but the type-r body kit for it.

plan on getting the wing from www.spoilerdepot.com, its only 325 and doesnt need to be modified.

just becareful of the spoilerdepot.com there are some bad reviews going around on this board about their packaging, and their wings....do a search...

Eric

ULTRAMANIA
09-10-2003, 02:51 AM
if you guys want to see more pics of my car.. go to my thread.. i just put some updated pics in today... My car... UPDATED PICS (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19034)