PDA

View Full Version : How and when to clean intake filter?

trabadoo22
08-30-2003, 08:43 PM
I've had my short ram intake on for about 3,000 miles and would like to know what everyone else does and how often to clean the filter. Is there any cleaning solution that I need to buy? Thanks.

DyNastySi
08-31-2003, 03:58 PM
I juss clean mine when it gets black. I dunno what color your intake is but the K&N's come pink. When you see thats its dirty, take off the cone and wash it with a hose inside out. The filter should turn white after that. After it turns white you need to make it pink again. Thats when you have to go out and buy the K&N filter charger. Shouldnt be that hard to find. Juss go out to your local parts store and they should have it. I forget what its called, but I know oil and some other kind of fluid comes with the kit. Follow the directions on the box let it dry and you'll be straight. If anyone else has a better way to clean it please share. Or even if im not doing something right.:o

trabadoo22
09-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Ok, cool. Thanks.

Civicvtec1ps
09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
you can buy those k&n filter cleaner at autozone for $15.
i would clean it around every 5000miles

fsugatorbait
09-02-2003, 10:12 AM
Pick up the K&N recharge kit. It comes with a cleaner solvent and spray on oil. Should be about $15 or so at your local auto store.