PDA

View Full Version : droideka - frisco, tx

droideka
08-31-2003, 03:44 PM
New member! GREAT board you have here. Following are pics of my new, Vivid Blue EP daily driver and my garage/track queen. For more pics of the Z, click on the link in my sig.

Love the EP!
http://www.waynewmedia.com/images/si_01.jpg http://www.waynewmedia.com/images/si_02.jpg

REALLY Love the Z!
http://www.waynewmedia.com/350z/images/883.JPG
http://www.waynewmedia.com/350z/images/Dscn1111.JPG
http://www.waynewmedia.com/350z/images/Dscn1123.JPG

Go_EP_Go
08-31-2003, 04:00 PM
secksi car all u need to do is drop that bish and itll look even better and also would look like mines haha:D nice to see another blue one in here welcome to the forum

IknowApirate
08-31-2003, 06:27 PM
I was considering the blue here and there. But I think it's too.. blue. I like it, but I'm still not sure. I'm sure I could live with it if I got it, though. I've decided on the white. Too bad it's not championship white like my late ITR. Is anyone who went with the blue still happy with it? because there are a few at the closest dealership and I was tempted...

Civicvtec1ps
08-31-2003, 07:29 PM
nice 350z
6 speed right? i hope so hehe
congrats on ep3

droideka
08-31-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
6 speed right? i hope so hehe

Do you even have to ask that question? ;)

Automatic sports cars are a joke.

NemesisITR
08-31-2003, 08:01 PM
Welcome!! Nice rides....glad to see another blue ep around the DFW area.

You should check out www.sportbikehype.com and come out to one of the TMS track events with the 350.

droideka
08-31-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
Welcome!! Nice rides....glad to see another blue ep around the DFW area.

You should check out www.sportbikehype.com and come out to one of the TMS track events with the 350.

Thanks. I've read about those events. They sound like a real clusterfuck. Do they even have flag stations? How many cars per run group? Are you split into groups by experience, or do you run with n00bs?

I've done three events this year out at MSR. I love that track.

IceD out N CALI
08-31-2003, 10:39 PM
nice 350z and ep

02TafWhtSi
09-01-2003, 05:45 AM
How freakin lucky is this guy to have two of the best cars in the world?! :D
I mean, I have an EP now and love it to death but the 350Z is at the top of my "to do" list and I can't stop thinking about it. Oh and Droideka - I love your Z site. Very professional and the pics are awesome.
Quick question - do you know if the 04' Z's will have the same alignment issues as the 03's (tires cup and feather) or has Nissan adressed the issue? Thanks :)

CivicHB
09-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by droideka

Do you even have to ask that question? ;)

Automatic sports cars are a joke.

What about SMG? BMW,Ferrari,Toyota...

CleanBlackSi02
09-01-2003, 08:38 AM
Nice set of cars! Just drop that SUV EP!

shimmy_yaz
09-01-2003, 08:57 AM
some people are just too lucky

nice cars hope you enjoy em both

droideka
09-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
How freakin lucky is this guy to have two of the best cars in the world?! :D
I mean, I have an EP now and love it to death but the 350Z is at the top of my "to do" list and I can't stop thinking about it. Oh and Droideka - I love your Z site. Very professional and the pics are awesome.
Quick question - do you know if the 04' Z's will have the same alignment issues as the 03's (tires cup and feather) or has Nissan adressed the issue? Thanks :)

Thanks for the compliments. The alignment issue was simply a toe-in spec that needed to change. Beyond that, the stock suspension sucks (bouncy, not stiff, but bouncy like cut springs) and needs to go. I was unhappy to have just spent all of that money and then having to go and make suspension mods, but it really paid off.

droideka
09-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CivicHB

What about SMG? BMW,Ferrari,Toyota...

That's debatable and depends on driver preference. I didn't learn to drive stick until I was 32 and ordered the Z. Now, two years later I own a 6-speed and a 5-speed and basically refuse to drive a slushbox.

A driver with a similar skill level to mine would have a distinct advantage on the track considering you can't mis-shift a sequential gearbox, but there is a great amount of pride that comes along with hitting a perfect heel/toe downshift from 100+ MPH into a 40 MPH corner.

IMO, I think that the fact that the M3s in the SPEED World-Challenge GT class and the Ferraris in ALMS use 6MT gearboxes says something about the quality of the sequential trannies in those same street cars.

droideka
09-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
some people are just too lucky

nice cars hope you enjoy em both

I say the same thing about a guy who posts pics of his Z and M5. ;)

Keep in mind that I'm probably significantly older than most people here and have had more time to grow my bank account.

Brettnyt
09-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Nice rides! Love the Z!

NemesisITR
09-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by droideka

Thanks. I've read about those events. They sound like a real clusterfuck. Do they even have flag stations? How many cars per run group? Are you split into groups by experience, or do you run with n00bs?

I've done three events this year out at MSR. I love that track.

They have flag stations and depends on how many cars come out
determines if there is going to be more than one group running.

I think in the fall there will be more cars. I also heard them speak of a two day event.

MSR is a nice track, I went out there with my ITR last year. A buddy of mine is an instructer with the Driver's Edge and invited me out there. Havent had a chance to take the ep out there tho.

Suk02Si
09-02-2003, 12:38 AM
both cars looks good