PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone- "new" member...

Dbl-Htch
09-01-2003, 09:54 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to say "Hi". I joined a while ago, and I've been reading these boards on almost a daily basis, and have found tons of useful information and helpful hints. I bought my '02 NBP Si back in April (used- 17k miles), and wanted to wait until I got some mods done before posting pics. (See link below!) I've been more than satisfied with my EP so far, and look forward to many more miles & mods in the years to come. The only down side so far has been oil consumption, about a quart between changes, but from everything I've read (here, of course!), I guess that's "normal" for these cars(unfortunately!). My old ride, a '93 EG Si w/235k miles doesn't even use that much, but what can you do?
I love the fact the these cars are so rare- funny thing is, the very day I brought it home, I saw no fewer than 3 EP's on the road! I don't think I've seen that many total (on the road) since then...
Anyway, thanks again for all the great info on our cars, and maybe I'll actually start posting more... I do have a few specific questions I haven't been able to find exact answers for. Peace out for now...

My EP (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20099)

DownTheHatch
09-01-2003, 11:52 AM
Hey there dbl, welcome aboard!

Jpax
09-01-2003, 06:27 PM
Hi and welcome. :D

chubbychu
09-01-2003, 06:43 PM
what took you so long to sign up?!?!? you free loader...welcome aboard! a hoy hoy!

edit::: PS make sure you search or rtfm before you ask questions! thanks!

JLannoo
09-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Hello! :D

droideka
09-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Questions about your pro kit. If I were to drop the EP, it would have to be a minimal drop. It's my daily and needs to be comfortable. I have no problems with the stock ride, just don't like the SUV wheel gap. How much did ride comfort change with the Pro Kit installed? By ride comfort I mean do you feel every pebble and expansion joint in the road now? Also, does camber get wacked with that small of a drop?

Thanks.

Civicvtec1ps
09-01-2003, 11:14 PM
welcome ;)

Suk02Si
09-02-2003, 12:01 AM
welcome aboard.

Dbl-Htch
09-02-2003, 11:24 PM
droideka- I love the Pro-kits, makes the car feel nice and tight, no more of that queasy-feeling body roll with every twitch of the steering wheel. The ride is still very comfortable, very smooth, just feels firmer and tighter overall. As far as the effect on camber, everyone seems to say you don't need a camber kit with anything less than a 1-1/2" drop(the Pro-kits are supposed to be 1" & 1.1" drop, front & rear). Funny thing is, by my measurements, my car is now more like 1-1/2" lower in the rear, so I'm not sure if I need a camber kit or not. I'm going to post my alignment specs over in the suspension forum to see if I can't get a concrete answer...