PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Systems - Which ones are good for the EP, for both quality and price?

potator
09-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a Navigation system for my EP. I'd like to know which ones are popular and work well. Haven't decided if I wanted to spend more cash on a DVD based Navigation over a CD version. What exactly are the differences? Is the extra cost worth it? And also, are some Navigation systems an all-in-one type of Head Unit, where they play everything from Radio, to music CDs, to DVD movies AND have Navigation? If so, how much do these cost? And finally, how much are the very bare to the bone, BASIC cheapest Navigation systems? Some information will really help me, as I already searched and it didn't yield me too much info. Thank you all for your help in advance.

humanshield
09-08-2003, 10:29 AM
best navigation choices would be either alpine or pioneer. they are easy to use, and good quality.

the alpine has a seperate nav unit. retail is like $900. then you can get the apn iva-1004 for about $799. it's a bit expensive but it's alpine.

the pioneer has a unit that has built in nav. i think that one is about $1200-1400. now i'm not a hundred percent sure this has a dvd and cd player built in, but you can always add one.

i'm not sure what else to say. i'm lookin in to the alpine cva-d900 and maybe navigation. i'll have to sell my alpine f-1 status first. hope i helped.

Speck
09-09-2003, 10:47 AM
i'll have to sell my alpine f-1 status first

Talk to me :) /drool

-=speck=-

humanshield
09-09-2003, 11:51 AM
make me an offer. and keep in mind...it's retail for $7000. oh, by the way it's the head unit and the processor. one of the most beautiful creatures out there.