PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kit direct from Honda dealership

turbotech
09-01-2003, 05:00 PM
Cybernation is working on a deal with Honda dealer to sell a new Civic with turbo already installed. This means you could order your new Civic with everything you want rims, tires, turbo and get it financed. Pick the car up from the dealer and still keep your warranty.

Still working out the details with the Honda dealership. I will post more info after my next meeting this week.

Why post a thread now. Well, if I can tell them we have people already interested it should help us close the deal.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-01-2003, 06:28 PM
That would be pretty badass if they would still honor the 3/36k warranty.

chubbychu
09-01-2003, 06:35 PM
is that a specific dealer thing? or a honda USA type deal? i dont think honda will ever go for it. oh well, that would be cool! that way, you could have them install one and keep the warranty!

andy
09-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Wow, that's interesting.

I highly, highly doubt this would ever involve Honda of America,
or whatever they are called. This sounds more like a localized
dealer kind of thing, where you couldn't ever take your car to
another dealer for that type of warranty service or what not. In
fact, I bet the dealership would probably have to eat some sort
of profit/cost if they ever had to rebuild an engine, let's say.

That said, it is a very cool thing to hear and I really hope it works
out. That dealership would probably start getting a TON of business...

D16Y8_Turbo
09-01-2003, 07:46 PM
When I got my Si I built the wheels, intake, header, window tint, hondata, and Honda accessories within my lease. Its smarter to pay monthly for it rather than out of your pocket in my opinion. I'm sure if the dealership does the work on the car they would be more willing to warranty their work however, keep in mind just because you modify your car doesn't mean that warranty work cannot be done. If Honda doesn't do warranty work on your because of modifications IS illegal. The aftermarket part must be proved by the manufacturer that it caused damage to the car and THEN it will not be covered by the warranty.

We have been selling aftermarket parts including superchargers and turbo kits at our dealership for a long time.

D16Y8_Turbo
09-02-2003, 07:13 AM
No. You pay the amount the wheels cost over a period of 3 to 5 years.