PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, newbie here =D

Chinaboy
09-01-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey all,

My name is Peter Wong, I live in the bay area in San Fransisco, CA. Im 20 years old and very into cars and tackling the mountain passes. I've been following the site for awhile now, but didn't want to register for the board until I bought the car.

So I have a new 03 EP3 in white and its great for a new car. I am pretty happy about the decision for the car.

So here are my thoughts about the car...

Overall design of the car is not bad at all, subtle at certain parts, and its begining to grow on me, doesn't look like a micro mini van anymore. The drive is good, since im 20 I've no problems with the suspension of the car, even tho it is stiff for a stock car in this class, it gives it a nice sporty feel... Broken into at 600miles, i gotta say that the car feels like it has a lot of pull at then bottom end, but towards the high end, it starts bleeding alot, maybe the lack of torque at the end of 6K on the tachometer, but I guess i-vtec saves it a bit, but you can't feel the bite like in an older model with good old fashion vtec. Through turns, the tires really do suck and you can feel the dampining too soft through turns... but body roll is not acceptable for this car, well its not a type R, but if the suspension is stiff enough, then they should be able to work on the body roll as well, partially is because the ride height is so high.

So having said that I think these are my goals with this car...

JDM parts are a must, I want to get the Type R OEM kit for this car, but some one told me that the bumper for the USDM and the JDM is not the same, so I gotta buy the JDM bumper before I add on the lip? However the side skirts are universal for all civics EP3, however, I am only sucessful in finding the Type R wing and side skirts, I can't find the back lip and front lip.

Rims.... 5zigens... im not sure which one just yet.

Suspension, Teins flex w/ edfc.

Exhaust, Im hoping to not go broke, but hopefully header and exhaust from Mugen, then a AEM CAI for the car, does injen make a CAI for the EP3?

So im still planning rightnow so lets hope I can get the most of this car, and i hope I can find the parts, so far I have still been searching in the dark for sites and distributors for the EP3.

SO for now im playing with the Ep3, I will be getting a TSX in the garage soon too, two great cars in one hot summer. =D

thanks guys, I hope to talk to you guys more

Peter
Honda Civic SI EP3 // White // In my garage : August 17 //

IceD out N CALI
09-01-2003, 10:13 PM
welcome to the site, and congrats on the new ride. nice description of the ep performance and handling too:)

ep88
09-01-2003, 10:22 PM
ohh u missed the bay area EP meet a couple of months ago...btw there were 4 of us haha
http://www.pbase.com/ephatch/bay_area_ep_meet_2

welcome to the site ;)

Civicvtec1ps
09-01-2003, 11:13 PM
welcome
yea you will need jdm bumpers to fit front lip and rear lip

Suk02Si
09-02-2003, 12:08 AM
welcome :)