PDA

View Full Version : Hks Hi-Power Clears progress rear sway bar?

digitldlnkwnt
09-02-2003, 06:12 PM
I know there are some clearence issues between different aftermarket exhausts and rear sway bar/tie bar combos?

Im really diggin that Progress setup but does anyone know if it will clear my HKS-HiPower exhast so that i wont get (another) annoying rattle?....

irrational
09-03-2003, 12:29 AM
im in the same boat as you man. i really want the hks exhaust but i have the progress rear bar combo. the hks hits as do most exhausts that i know of. i am waiting to see an exhasut that doesnt hit but is still quality. can anybody shine some damn light on this?

digitldlnkwnt
09-03-2003, 06:11 PM
:angel: amen !!:angel:

fsugatorbait
09-04-2003, 09:55 AM
im having the same trouble with my neuspeed rear sway bar and greddy exhaust. Im gonna get under the car this weekend with and old metal wire coat hanger to wrap around the exhaust hangers to hold the exhaust a little tighter against the car. You could also apply a little exhaust wrap to the axle back part of the exhaust that is making contact with the sway so that its not metal rubbing on metal. Just some ideas ive been kicking around. If anyone else can come up with something to apply to the sway that would be able to withstand the heat, im all ears.

madbrain
09-04-2003, 11:09 AM
I had the same problem. I went to an exhaust shop and they took one of the hangers with bolt holes on one side and a rod on the other. They bolted it up to the sway bar mounting point and welded it to the exh. pipe. Its clean, tight, and no more rattle.

irrational
09-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
im having the same trouble with my neuspeed rear sway bar and greddy exhaust. Im gonna get under the car this weekend with and old metal wire coat hanger to wrap around the exhaust hangers to hold the exhaust a little tighter against the car. You could also apply a little exhaust wrap to the axle back part of the exhaust that is making contact with the sway so that its not metal rubbing on metal. Just some ideas ive been kicking around. If anyone else can come up with something to apply to the sway that would be able to withstand the heat, im all ears.
this makes me think that nuespeed, since the make both a sway/tie bar combo and an exhaust, that they would work well together(NO RUBBING). this may be the case but i dont like the neuspeed exhaust and it can never be compared to the HKS Pimpness!:cool:

I emailed this to Progress - "I have the rear sway and tie bar combo and i love with only one exception, it hits my stock exhaust. The colliding of the two makes alot of noise and concerns me. im sure that you have heard of this before. what can i do to remedy the situation?" - I sent this on 08-28-03 and still no response!

fsugatorbait
09-04-2003, 02:09 PM
let me know if they respond.

digitldlnkwnt
09-04-2003, 07:55 PM
so basically they all rub?
that sucks...you would think that they would check this out before releasing a product that wont work well with an aftermarket exhaust...
I swear if buy one more thing that breaks or rubs...im seeling the car...it's f'in rediculous.

J's Engine Damper=broken
Razo Carbon shift Knob 300g=little plastic thing on top came of tonight
HKS Hi-Power=wiggles under the car like rolls on a fat woman and clanks against the hanger...but i may have a simple cheap solution to that...one extra rubber hanger on each muffler support..$2.95 cents or sumtin like that from Honda
I may even get the middle one also thats like $3 and change

im just tired of feeling like im making the car worse as i go..that nuthing seems to fit right..im sorry its just annoying

Sorry 'bout the venting:o

irrational
09-05-2003, 12:27 PM
looks like the magnaflow is the only decent exhaust that will work with thte progress sway:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20319

digitldlnkwnt
09-06-2003, 06:49 PM
Well thas some good info...but what about us people with the HKS or Greddy?...
Are we doomed to clanning for life?
:eek: