PDA

View Full Version : oil light came on

fishboy
09-02-2002, 09:37 AM
it has been 4500 miles since my last oil change and my oil light popped on for a second last night. that's stupid why would the honda people say 5k for the oil change? i ended up buying a quart of 5w30 to throw in there and now i am going to change my oil. i normally don't wait this long, i have done it at 3k intervals in the past, i just got lazy all of a sudden. uh, so this is for you guys who plan to change their oil every 5k or those who want to leave their break in oil for about 7500 miles.

CgSi
09-02-2002, 10:09 AM
You should check your oil every time you fill up on gas. These cars burn alot of oil. I was down a quart at 1,700 miles.
I hope that there isn't any damage done !
Good luck

BlazeX12
09-02-2002, 12:08 PM
Were you braking real hard when it came on? Mine did, some ass-hole pulled unto the road i was on, and was going slow as hell, i almost hit him, i slammed on my brakes, and the oil light came on for a second, and then went away, i dont know why.

themi6group
09-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BlazeX12
Were you braking real hard when it came on? Mine did, some ass-hole pulled unto the road i was on, and was going slow as hell, i almost hit him, i slammed on my brakes, and the oil light came on for a second, and then went away, i dont know why.

because all of the oil shifted in the oil pan away from the sensor.