PDA

View Full Version : concerning Ep braking???

BlkEpHatch02
09-03-2003, 09:42 AM
my question is anyone know of this problem. For instance when i come in fast on a corner or street and need to brake real quick. The brakes seems to studder while stepping on them. I dont know if its the abs or something else...this is really bothering me

-thanks for any input greatly

Hatch, Si Hatch
09-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Don't worry its just the ABS.

cjonesgo
09-03-2003, 10:45 AM
not to worry, but it does take some getting used to. i had never owned a car with abs before (previous car=74 mgb). the first time i took the ep deep into a turn i just about pissed my pants!! i thought the brakes were giving out!!
:eek:
once you get over the "i'm not about to die" feeling, it is really a lot of fun.

i find the most responsive braking is just before the abs kicks in, mess around and try to practice the appropriate amount of pedal.

Suk02Si
09-04-2003, 02:51 AM
brake, blip throttle(downshift), let off brake, ease onto throttle, turn.:D

BlkEpHatch02
09-04-2003, 07:37 PM
thanks guys...dat really ease my worries

Dorachagi
06-19-2008, 01:33 PM
I apologize for resurrecting an old post, but I have had the exact same concern as the OP recently. I dont feel any vibration at normal speeds, and theres never any shudder except during hard braking at lowish speeds, and it's particularly bad if I'm coming into a hard turn on the brakes. I was starting to worry about rotor warpage or an air leak in the brake system, but the dealership checked my brakes and gave me new pads last month. So just to calm my mind, is the info in this post correct? I'm just feeling the ABS and the pedal shudder in these conditions does not indicate a real problem? Also last night after it did it coming to a hard stop, I pushed the brakes hard while stopped a second later and there was another little shudder and then the pedal sank a good bit lower, it did not go all the way to the floor though and went back to normal position and feel when I let off of it.