PDA

View Full Version : uneven waxing?

phatfreeza
09-03-2003, 10:50 AM
when i'm taking off the cleaner wax on my car, it seems kinda oily...and when i look at it at different angles, it seems to be...splotches of wax, or an uneven color! what am i doing wrong? i heard if you spray some water on it, it will even it out some more...i don't know what to do! :(

MrCivic03
09-04-2003, 04:34 PM
probably applyin the coats overlapping each other and i used to have this problem. but just with my scratch remover.

AkronSi
09-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Try using a super thin coat. And, if your doing the traditional swirl method, try going in straight lines following the flow of the air.

What brand are you using? I know the with the Meguiar's mirror glaze line (the tan bottles) the recommended method is do your whole car, wait 15-20 minutes and then buff off. Those directions come straight from a Meguiar's employee.

Remember, less is definately more when it comes to waxing your car.

Also, spaying water and rebuffing or using quick detailer should get those oily areas evened out.

AkronSi
09-05-2003, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah, if you use scratch remover after you wax, you'll have to rewax. The scratch remover will remove any wax you got on that area.