PDA

View Full Version : How do I fix cigarette hole in my car seat?

sibaroochi
09-03-2003, 01:08 PM
My cigarette fell down and burnt a hole in my car seat right between my legs. How can I fix that? It looks as if the seats come with a cover. Is that cover replaceable?

Stoop
09-03-2003, 01:30 PM
If you end up replacing the cover with a new one from a Honda dealership, you're looking at about $235.00 :confused: just for the bottom seat cover. That's not to say that the burn didn't go through to the foam pad assembly underneath the cover. I'm assuming you'd just want to replace the cover for appearance reasons, though.

I don't know if there is a simpler fix solution.

Zero Three Si
09-03-2003, 01:38 PM
You whoop the person who burned the hole into the seat....

Hopefully it wasn't you...

Type X
09-03-2003, 01:51 PM
dont smoke in your ep :)

cigarettes dont even come in my ride ;)

pLopSI
09-03-2003, 02:39 PM
I stop by rest areas and parking lots to smoke. :D

chubbychu
09-03-2003, 03:49 PM
or you could save money time and effort and save your life by quitting not to mention second hand...urg...i hate that stuff

SiR Medic
09-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Cheap Method: Get yerself some "2Fast 2Furious" seat covers from your local Pep-Boys.

Better method: Contact someone in your area who does upholstry work, it would probably be a lot cheaper than going to the dealer.

Gonzo method: Go to autoleathers.com!
http://www.autoleathers.com/SHOWROOM/showroom_images/CIVIC_SI.jpg
http://www.autoleathers.com/HTML2/AL.MAIN.FS.html (www.autoleathers.com)

If you are going to continue to smoke in the car... Get the seat covers... You're just going to burn another hole in them eventually.:(

shimmy_yaz
09-03-2003, 06:30 PM
Yeah best advice is to get the seat redone and stop smoking in the car I have only smoked one cigarette in mine and that was only cuz I had been out drinkin and got pulled over so I was tryin to hide the smell a bit HEHE.

sibaroochi
09-04-2003, 10:56 AM
that autoleathers.com website is too expensive. I'll probably buy a new seat cover. but not now. for now, i'll put some black electrical tape over the hole.
If it went into the foam it didn't go that far so I don't think I'll feel any discomfort.

So the cover for the center part of the seat comes separate from the rest of the seat?

To be honest, I wasn't smokin a cigarette. It was a piece of burning weed that got blown out of my bong. The car was parked. I was kinda buzzed so my reaction time was slow. I kept wondering why the weed smoke kept coming up long after i puffed it and then looked down and realized it was comin from the seats. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there. That same night after the club I realized I drank too much. A friend drove my Si and me back home. But as we were going 80mph on the highway I rolled down the passenger side window to throw up....

the vomit flew back into my face and all over the passenger and rear seats. Not only that, as I was leaning over I farted on my designated driver's face. I was too sick and out of it to say sorry. Unusually, he didn't roll down his window..hmmmm . Well, if anything, the hole in the seat is a symbol of how much fun I have... either that or how much of a dumbass I am. I don't care about it for now, no one would notice that all that much but me.

Thanks again guys, and I welcome all replies about what a dumbass i am.

SiR Medic
09-04-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by sibaroochi
To be honest, I wasn't smokin a cigarette. It was a piece of burning weed that got blown out of my bong. The car was parked. I was kinda buzzed so my reaction time was slow. I kept wondering why the weed smoke kept coming up long after i puffed it and then looked down and realized it was comin from the seats. Unfortunately, it doesn't end there. That same night after the club I realized I drank too much. A friend drove my Si and me back home. But as we were going 80mph on the highway I rolled down the passenger side window to throw up....

the vomit flew back into my face and all over the passenger and rear seats. Not only that, as I was leaning over I farted on my designated driver's face. I was too sick and out of it to say sorry. Unusually, he didn't roll down his window..hmmmm . Well, if anything, the hole in the seat is a symbol of how much fun I have... either that or how much of a dumbass I am. I don't care about it for now, no one would notice that all that much but me.

Thanks again guys, and I welcome all replies about what a dumbass i am.

:D ROFL! LOL! :D

Now THAT is a funny story! I'm surprised you didn't end up pissing in your car too!

CleanBlackSi02
09-04-2003, 03:47 PM
You leave a bong in your car? Hah! I think it's time for one of those crappy electric pipes that blows the weed out for you...at least for car rides.

sibaroochi
09-04-2003, 05:00 PM
that weed story is actually not the worst I've done in my car.

I've actually taken a shit in my car. About a year ago I had a fight with my parents, broke my bedroom door down, and left the house. I ended up in the club drinking my pain away... well, fast forward.... "i realized i drank too much" and threw up all over the table in the club. I was barely concious enuf to walk out the club as the bouncer pushed me out. I ended up passing out in my car. When I woke up the next morning (I had work that day 1 hour later) I realized that my car battery was dead from leavin the car on, vomit all over my seats, and there was a strange ass wiff in the car. I put my hand down my pants and realized I crapped in my pants. Dried-ass crap actually. I got out of the car (i was in the parking lot of a mall) walked over to a bush and wiped my ass with a leaf next to Marshall's. A security guy came rollin up in his explorer, shook his head, and said I hope you learned your lesson. I was like "I sure did."

Good thing this was before I got my Si. Anyways, my bedroom door is now replaced with a cheap-ass slab of wood without a doorknob and I open it using a chain.:'(

JLannoo
09-04-2003, 06:16 PM
WTF? Thats some crazy shit :eek:

SaBerCiviC
09-06-2003, 12:38 PM
STOP SMOKING!!!:'(

chubbychu
09-06-2003, 02:06 PM
holy...crap....man..that is some disgusting stuff. amazing what some people will do when toasted and drunk

CleanBlackSi02
09-06-2003, 10:40 PM
...so back to cures for the burn mark on the seat.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-06-2003, 11:03 PM
fuck.
you need to just rhino-liner your whole interior.

and yes, they seats can be recovered.
i had the bottom portion of my psgr seat recovered under warranty because a red thread came unstitched.