PDA

View Full Version : More info on UKDM '04 EP

RiceCzechs
09-03-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda has released details of its revised Civic models, to go on sale in November. All versions will have a sportier appearance, with new projector-style headlamps, a larger 'H' badge and re-shaped bumpers; three-door versions get a mesh grille and five-doors a new three-bar grille. Sport models have a new front spoiler, a coloured grille, side sills, three-light headlamp units, 205/55 R16 tyres and new 16-inch alloys. Top-spec versions have door mirror-mounted side indicator repeaters and body-coloured side sills. Five-door versions have a reshaped tailgate, rear spoiler and tweaked rear bumper, and all models have revised taillight clusters.

The engine line-up remains unchanged, apart from the Type-R models - a lighter flywheel and clutch assembly reduces the 0-60mph time by 0.2 seconds to 6.6 seconds. The revised Type-R, which goes on sale later than the other models - in February 2004 - also gains new brake callipers, the mirror-mounted indicators, a new front spoiler and unique front grille, plus three-light blue projector headlamps; the cabin gains red seat upholstery inserts and door panels.

All models have had revisions to their steering and suspension, with a new variable-ratio steering rack, increased steering castor angle and recalibrated spring, damper and anti-roll bar settings. Honda promises that this will "improve on-centre steering feel at high speed, steering response and linearity, while simultaneously also improving ride comfort and smoothness." Sport and Type S models with stability control now have 16-inch alloys. Ride quality and noise suppression have been enhanced by more extensive insulation and a new front subframe dynamic damper.

On the inside, Honda has aimed for "a lighter and more elegant ambience". The shape of the seats has been altered, and new fabrics are used; there is more chrome-effect detailing, a new centre console and Executive-spec models have dark grey 'titanium' leather seats. Other upgrades include a rear centre cup holder, larger seat-back pockets and new steering wheel designs. Sport models have red seat inserts and red door panels, there are new instrument dials and most versions now have a trip computer with outside temperature display. The provision of a spacesaver spare wheel, rather than a full-sized spare, has created a little extra boot space.

A new top-of-the-range five-door model will go on sale in April 2004. The 2.0-litre Type-S VSA incorporates an electronic system, Vehicle Stability Assist, which acts by braking individual wheels and reducing engine torque, an electronic throttle and traction control. It also has a closer-ratio gearbox, larger front brake discs and 16-inch alloy wheels with 205/55 tyres. Prices for this, and all the revised Civic models, will be released nearer to their on-sale date.

Also new on sale shortly from Honda will be the Accord diesel, with the company's own 2.2-litre, 140bhp engine. This returns 52.3mpg (48.7mpg in the Accord Tourer estate), 143g/km of carbon dioxide (153g/km in the Tourer) and 0-60mph acceleration in 9.4 seconds (10.1 in Tourer). The engine meets the Euro IV emissions requirements, and thus qualifies for a 3 percent company car tax break. For more details on this model, check out 4car's full road test.

Source: 4Car

2k2_nbp_egg
09-03-2003, 09:13 PM
Shit if this is all true then im getting ahold of those projectors for cheap somehow then and blacking them out. HIDs+projectors = hawtness. Hmm i'm really curious to see all this when it actually comes out....leather, projectors....sounds like the civic is getting some very nice options!

02TafWhtSi
09-04-2003, 04:55 PM
Good to know - I've been searching for the 2004 16" tire size for a while now... :)

bobdobbs
09-04-2003, 05:07 PM
I thought the 205/55-16 size choice was interesting, since I've been thinking this is a good choice for a daily-driver car. I brought this up a few days ago in this thread:

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20228

USMCSI PT.2
09-05-2003, 06:35 AM
I am interested in the new front bumper just to different, always got to keep it original.

I think that the variable ratio steering rack is a good idea, I feel that the rack on ours is way to slow. I have to turn the wheel on ours alot. My 3000GT had a quicker feel an I didn't have to turn the wheel half as much as I do now.

Stability control and all that......ahh, I am okay right now.

I could go for a blacked out set of headlights like those too.

Peking
09-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Yes, interesting. I'm down with the new shoes. Hopefully this new year will help bring our appeal higher.

ragebomb
09-05-2003, 06:50 PM
http://www.ragebomb.com/ep3/1.jpg
http://www.ragebomb.com/ep3/2.jpg

Here are some pics from vtec.net. sorry if you guys saw this already.

More info is here:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=136353

TheMutt
09-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Is that the new US civic or the UK, cuz in the pics it has our lil bitty spoiler.

EP3RII
09-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Is that the new US civic or the UK, cuz in the pics it has our lil bitty spoiler.
Its the UK civic sport (1.6 VTEC 110bhp, 16inch 5 lug wheels). here's the CTR:

http://www.kcxdev.dsl.pipex.com/pics/ctr2_2.jpeg
http://www.kcxdev.dsl.pipex.com/pics/ctr2_4.jpeg

2k2_nbp_egg
09-06-2003, 09:49 AM
Eh? So according to that vtec.net article 03 was the last year for a k20a3 5MT powered 3 door civic hatch? That would be sweet, make the Si a true 2 year run like they should be doing :)

On the downside, doesn't that mean that pretty much every 04 is gonna be hella weak w/ the exception of the type R?

EP3RII
09-06-2003, 10:40 AM
The UK never had a 5MT K20A, it was either the 6MT CTR, K20A 5 dr Type S 5MT, or 1.6, and 1.4's.

02NJHondaep3
09-06-2003, 11:52 AM
I still dont like it.

blacksihatch
09-06-2003, 12:31 PM
I don't like th erear lights, but the kit on it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the kit next year.