PDA

View Full Version : Turbo accessories...

beansbear
09-04-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi folks,
I was wondering if any of you had pics of your turbo accessories and where you installed them.

im looking for gauges, boost controller, turbo timer etc...

For the Greddy turbo... what are your opinions on:
BOV or no BOV? If yes, which one?
Turbo timer needed? If yes, which one?
Boost Controller?

thanks!

87gn
09-04-2003, 02:37 PM
i like the greddy type-s bov, you will need one sence your eps a manual. theres several diffrent styles of boost controlers out there from manuals to t valves, personally i would not have a t valve or any thing other then a manual boost controler (aka adjustable wastegate rod) imagen some day your setting there at a light and your friend decided to play a prank on you and cranks the boost to something like 30 psi. as for the turbo timer, its useless

REVwheels
09-05-2003, 08:10 AM
im using the greddy type-s BOV . it is the only BOV i use on my cars. for a boost controller im using the greddy E-01. if you just want to keep it simple and easy to use just get the greddy profec-b. the greddy e-01 is awesome for looks and all but figuring the damn thing out was a mission.

beansbear
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
anyone else?

im debating on getting a turbo timer or not... i am more afraid of it disabling ignition kill on my car.

RockEP_SS**
09-18-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by REVwheels
im using the greddy type-s BOV . it is the only BOV i use on my cars. for a boost controller im using the greddy E-01. if you just want to keep it simple and easy to use just get the greddy profec-b. the greddy e-01 is awesome for looks and all but figuring the damn thing out was a mission.

Yup! I'm using the Greddy Profec B spec II, and it was still kinda hard to figure out how to control the boost! Instructions came in Japanese which didn't help out at all! Hey Scott, can you read Japanese???

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

beansbear
09-18-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey Rocky!

although i am Japanese, i cant read it nor speak it. Nor have I ever even been to Japan! I gotta get off my ass and go there one day.... *sigh*

Rocky, are you using a turbo timer? How long do you idle the car for before shutdown?