PDA

View Full Version : progress problems

humanshield
09-04-2003, 07:30 PM
i've searched all over for an acceptable answer. i haven't found one. here's the problem...

i've got the progress front and rear sway bars on order. i'd like to get the hks exhaust. i'm under the impression that the two don't fit so nice together.

i need to find an exhaust that doesn't hit the bars. if anyone knows of one, or has a fix for the hks.

thanks in advance.

glw
09-04-2003, 09:28 PM
the magnaflow works with progress sways.

!@#$%
09-04-2003, 09:35 PM
the neuspeed rear lower bar is not symmetrical for the space of a 60 mm piping exh. Only bad thing is that it costs 400 bucks. :(

humanshield
09-05-2003, 08:54 AM
now you say the magnaflow works. cool. there's no rubbing, knocking, hitting. i don't want any hack installs on this.

i'm not suggesting it would be, i just wanna be one hundred percent sure this will fit, and sound good.

thanks for the replies so far. this helps. gives a brotha hope.

glw
09-05-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by humanshield
now you say the magnaflow works. cool. there's no rubbing, knocking, hitting. i don't want any hack installs on this.

i'm not suggesting it would be, i just wanna be one hundred percent sure this will fit, and sound good.

thanks for the replies so far. this helps. gives a brotha hope. there is plenty of clearance with the magnaflow and progress sways... no rubbing, knocking, or hacks - just bolt it up...

EnJaNir
09-05-2003, 11:26 AM
hks has a point contact with the progress sways..i just deal with it, or turn the stereo up..its all good

DynaSpeed
09-05-2003, 11:38 AM
so does the fujitsubo... I've dealt with this for over a year.
I do 2 things:
1) what enjanir does - turn the radio up.
2) I've cut a little piece of garden hose and electrical taped it around the contact point.... works for about a month, then the heat melts it.

Anybody know of a soft malleable material that stands up to heat?

EnJaNir
09-05-2003, 11:58 AM
couldnt we use some header wrap? or elongate the holes on the sway bar mounts so we could drop the sway bar itself about a quater of an inch

humanshield
09-05-2003, 06:54 PM
you'd think that some of these companies would think about these kinda things. i mean the ep3 has been out for two years now. you'd think these kinda things wouldn't be such an issue.

i want to thank everyone for their responses so far. i hope i'll be able to come to some sort of decision before the sway bars make it here.

glw
09-05-2003, 10:24 PM
you'd think that some of these companies would think about these kinda things. i mean the ep3 has been out for two years now. you'd think these kinda things wouldn't be such an issue.well, magnaflow r&d had my car for a whole week while they designed the exhaust. then it took them another month to fine tune and build out the finished product.

in my opinion; excellent quality, great power, great sound, but a touch loud in the cabin. definetely worth a look!

fyi: civicboost posted a video (http://www.domainnamesanity.com/webumake/wwwsites/www.civicboost.com/Movies/BoostMovie1.avi) over on his rides page (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19959) and i posted a dyno (http://sourcecodegeeks.com/public/civic/images/dyno.jpg).

humanshield
09-05-2003, 11:18 PM
i'm almost completely convinced that the magnaflow is the way to go. you swear there's no noise with the progress sways, and it sounds nice from the video you recomended.

damn i'm starting to think you work for magnaflow. if you do, you're a good salesman.

you've been a huge help. i just like having options. it doesn't look like i have much of any. oh well. i'm sure if you're happy with the exhaust, and it's as good as everyone says...i should be fine. thanks.

humanshield
09-05-2003, 11:26 PM
if you don't mind...

if anyone knows the best spot to get the magnaflow, and how much is too much?

i'll be ordering this as soon as i get some responses.

humanshield
09-06-2003, 07:28 PM
glw-

i'm not sure if you have an aem intake yet (you wrote you were planning it). i may have one for you. cheap. i should know in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner. i'd be able to get it to you shipping and all cheaper than you'll find it anywhere else. if you're interested...let me know. i'll save it for you...otherwise...ebay.

glw
09-07-2003, 01:40 AM
i'm almost completely convinced that the magnaflow is the way to go. you swear there's no noise with the progress sways, and it sounds nice from the video you recomended.

damn i'm starting to think you work for magnaflow. if you do, you're a good salesman.

you've been a huge help. i just like having options. it doesn't look like i have much of any. oh well. i'm sure if you're happy with the exhaust, and it's as good as everyone says...i should be fine. thanks.
great fitment. no noise... ha, i wish i worked for magnaflow - their r&d center was nice and i'm currently unemployed... my employer of 15+ years laid me off in may... i'm doing piece work designing web sites now while i'm looking for full time work.

if you don't mind...
if anyone knows the best spot to get the magnaflow, and how much is too much?

i'll be ordering this as soon as i get some responses.
i got mine directly from magnaflow r&d, but there is another thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14965) that has more info and feedback from two other purchasers (si02 and trabadoo22) that got theirs from www.hottexhaust.com (http://www.hottexhaust.com/).

glw-

i'm not sure if you have an aem intake yet (you wrote you were planning it). i may have one for you. cheap. i should know in the next few weeks (hopefully sooner. i'd be able to get it to you shipping and all cheaper than you'll find it anywhere else. if you're interested...let me know. i'll save it for you...otherwise...ebay.
as you noted, i do plan on getting one just not anytime soon (unemployed). don't hold it for me, cuz it'll be awhile... thanks though...