PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake for honda civic si 2002

DanSI
09-02-2002, 07:17 PM
I just got a honda civic si 2002 and I was thinking of putting my first mod on the car...I'm about to buy an AEM cold air intake...what is the difference between the short ram and the normal intakes and is there a good place to order aftermarket parts in the midwest.

Also what other types of mods are out that are worth buying now and not waiting till everything starts coming out.

I live in Cincinnati, so anything close to ohio would be great.

fishboy
09-02-2002, 07:28 PM
get the AEM CAI, it is so worth it, forget the short ram. then lower your car with the springs/coilovers of your choice. get some rims. maybe a rear sway. you should be set for a while with those mods. give it a couple of months, i'm thinking more like 4+, and we should start having some more options when it comes to exhaust. there is also nitrous.

DanSI
09-02-2002, 07:33 PM
yeh i dont really want to get into nitrous thats a little too extreme for me...i'm hoping for a good turbo kit to come out in the next year or so.

David K.
09-02-2002, 09:22 PM
A good, cheap recipe is: H&R springs for around $150, K&N Typhoon intake for $140, HP header for around $180, and a custom mid-pipe for about $100. This should have you pretty close to 155hp to the wheels, all for about $600 or less. I couldn't be happier with my results for the money I've spent.

nickw252
09-02-2002, 10:42 PM
Whats up fellow Ohio Si owner?

You should go to the Ohio forum on ClubSi.com, a lot of nice people in there.

As for the rest of the site though it is not so good :mad: The moderators kinda suck, and the content isnt great.