PDA

View Full Version : Best Header (Price wise as well as performance)

02HatchSI
09-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Okay i have a magnaflow exhaust *cat-back and i have an injen cai... I was wondering what is the best header's out there and what u all recommend... I am also planning on getting the hondata gasket so when i am changing out the header i get two things done at once... I Plan on reflashing it after that! so any ideas/suggestions/opinons/etc. please lmk thanks, jon

ATRIOT
09-05-2003, 12:12 AM
The following companies make headers for EP's
Borla
Hp
Dc Sports
Jackson Racing
Comptech
I dont think one stands head and shoulders above the others. HP header seems to be a good deal though.

oogy-boogy
09-05-2003, 04:11 AM
I have the HP and love it. Can't beat it for the price (~$160-175 on E-Bay). It's a 4-1 and it made a very noticable difference on the high end. just be sure to hit the ID welds with a dremel to smooth them out.:D

Tenacious G
09-05-2003, 09:51 AM
i'd have to agree w/ ATRIOT, all headers offer something different, so it will depend on what you're looking for.

HP is good for top-end power, DC will give you a little more go in the low-end side. Borla is a good all-around header but requires some welding. The JR and Comptech race headers are good parts, but on the more expensive side, plus they eliminate the cat, so that may be a concern if you have emissions testing in your area.

on a side note, the Hondata Heatshield Gasket goes between the intake manifold and engine block, not the exhaust header side.

JThrasher79
09-05-2003, 10:32 AM
the new SUPER STREET has the skunk2 project car and they used their prototype header, they said it would be out by the time the magazine is out. 7whp ?trq. it looked pretty tight. they put it with the skunk2 exhaust and got like 14whp. they also put a K20A head on it with pistons and rods to 10.8:1 comp and next month? there swapping the k24 bottom end

Tenacious G
09-05-2003, 12:29 PM
one thing to keep in mind is that the K20A and K20A2 heads breathe 10x better than the A3 because of the VTEC exhaust cams. therefore, the A and A2 will respond a lot better to exhaust mods than the A3.

eurosteez
09-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Tenacious G one thing to keep in mind is that the K20A and K20A2 heads breathe 10x better than the A3 because of the VTEC exhaust cams. therefore, the A and A2 will respond a lot better to exhaust mods than the A3.

Thats good to know.

I hear Kamikaze has headers for our car too.

eurosteez
09-05-2003, 03:11 PM
DAMMIT. how do you quote? I was trying to quote tenacious g.
newbie on the loose.

Tenacious G
09-05-2003, 03:14 PM
i think the quote feature and HTML tags are disabled for some reason

NamingException
09-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i think the quote feature and HTML tags are disabled for some reason

You just hit the little button on the bottom right of the post you want to quote that says "Quote" on it.

Tenacious G
09-06-2003, 08:59 AM
ah, apparently the features have been restored

SilVic
09-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Is the HP header legal? I saw it on ebay but the guy never replied about it.

Kirei
09-07-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Tenacious G

HP is good for top-end power, DC will give you a little more go in the low-end side. Borla is a good all-around header but requires some welding. The JR and Comptech race headers are good parts, but on the more expensive side, plus they eliminate the cat, so that may be a concern if you have emissions testing in your area.

how does it eliminate the cat?

Tenacious G
09-07-2003, 12:23 PM
check this thread out ... see how the header is longer than normal, so it bolts up to a cat-back exhaust system.

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17384&highlight=race+AND+header

abstrack
09-07-2003, 12:46 PM
ill wait for the skunk one... anyone know if its out yet? and wat the price is/would be?

NeoBlue
09-10-2003, 05:25 PM
You can customize your racing header to fit your cat instead of the test pipe.

02HatchSI
09-12-2003, 08:56 AM
So does everyone like the hp header over the dc header>??? Again can i get some opinons??? Any dyno charts??? GIVE ME UR RESULTS :)

vie-tec
09-12-2003, 11:04 AM
I just put my dc header in last week and im very happy with
it cause i can feel the gains from 4k and up and it really sounds good too ! I don't really know much about hp headers but this what i think is that (what you pay is what you get) so its all up to you.But if i was you i go with the dc header cause thats
what they are good at ( they're known in making headers).

If you want the dc- header call Matt @360-510-3399
and tell him that KIP sent you and he will give you the
best price even better than ebay,but tell him that you want him to match the price or beat it and 95% he'll do it. He works for
www.c-speedracing.com they're really kool guys over there.

AND IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO GET THE
HONDATA ECU FLASH CALL (CRESCENT @360-510-6901)
AND TELL HIM THAT KIP SENT YOU. MATT IS THE SELLS GUY
AND CRESCENT DEALS WITH ECU AND SOFTWEAR,
SO JUST GIVE THEM A CALL.IT WON'T HURT TO TRY

02HatchSI
09-12-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by vie-tec
I just put my dc header in last week and im very happy with
it cause i can feel the gains from 4k and up and it really sounds good too ! I don't really know much about hp headers but this what i think is that (what you pay is what you get) so its all up to you.But if i was you i go with the dc header cause thats
what they are good at ( they're known in making headers).

If you want the dc- header call Matt @360-510-3399
and tell him that KIP sent you and he will give you the
best price even better than ebay,but tell him that you want him to match the price or beat it and 95% he'll do it. He works for
www.c-speedracing.com they're really kool guys over there.

AND IF ANY OF YOU OUT THERE THAT WANTS TO GET THE
HONDATA ECU FLASH CALL (CRESCENT @360-510-6901)
AND TELL HIM THAT KIP SENT YOU. MATT IS THE SELLS GUY
AND CRESCENT DEALS WITH ECU AND SOFTWEAR,
SO JUST GIVE THEM A CALL.IT WON'T HURT TO TRY

thanks man... Question is that a ceramic or stainless steel header u have???

vie-tec
09-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Ceramic.I wouldn't buy S.S cause it gets really hot.

civic hatch boi
09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
i have a chance to get a ceramic dc sports header for $150. should i hop on it?

joneSi
09-12-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

Yes.

Just so ya'll know Neuspeed is coming out with a header in January. I've got the DC Sports Ceramic and I like it, but I would consider a switch if I had any probs...

joneSi

edit: Anybody had any probs with the DC since they 'fixed' it?

02HatchSI
09-13-2003, 09:42 AM

Hell I would give u 175 for it right now if u bought it and sold it to me... Thats a 25 dolla profit lol :p

oogy-boogy
09-15-2003, 05:00 AM

If it's in good shape that's an excellent price. Just make sure it isn't dented, bent, etc. If it's new then you're stealing it :D

I picked up my HP used for only $100 shipped. So that DC for $150 is a great deal.