PDA

View Full Version : squeaking when lauching from 1st..Help!

red-sir
09-05-2003, 01:25 PM
about a week ago I put on someafter market rims (15"s) with factory tires...since then almost everytime I start from 1st, I can hear this squeaking sound from the front of the car, maybe under the hood, it sounds like one of the belt.....thinking it might be the rims's offset not correct..I took it back to the tire shop and they looked at it up on the hoist and found nothing touching the tire or rims anywhere...the brake caliber is very close to the rim but still has some clearance..

here's the interesting part.....the squeak was gone for a short time after I got the car back from the dealership on replacing the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th gear synchro....the shifting was much better..and the squeak was gone for that ride home...this morning...it comes back again.....

has anyone else experience this? the squeak comes right at the point when the clutch pedal lifts off the "engaging point" and when the gas pedal is pressed. everything in the engine bay is stock..although I did open the air box once and closed it.

so the tire shop and the dealership both are saying it ain't their problem.

red-sir
09-05-2003, 01:43 PM
I was having so much problem with my 7000km only ex coupe (si-G in canada) that I got tired of going to the dealership every month....I didn't want another ex coupe that time so I asked them what's the next least expansive car...that's how I got my ep...and I lost about 2grand from that trade...now I'm feeling the same way towards my ep (15000km)...I'll lose even more money if I trade it in again....is there something wrong with Honda cars or me? maybe I'm just too picky?

civic hatch boi
09-05-2003, 03:49 PM
ur picky. the squeek is because you got aftermarket 15's :) haha