PDA

View Full Version : C/F front head lights can anyone make?

siver-SI
09-05-2003, 01:47 PM
Ok I just came up with an idea and because I do not know how to work with C/F I thought I would ask if there was a way to make this. Well I like the smoked headlights but what I just thought of and I am wondering is there a way to make the part that we paint in C/F?

I would think that it would look so good with a C/F hood to match it. I just have no idea on how to get that part made. If any one knows any one in the midwest area that can make a C/F part quick and for a good price I am willing to be the ginnie pig for this.

Just a idea I had just thought of and I did not see a post about this before so I thought I would share and and see what happens.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-05-2003, 01:53 PM
I thought of this also but it is way too much work you have to take each light apart and create exact duplicate of it ( a mold) rhen it is wery difficult to work the fibers into the tight turns and holes would cost quite a bit in labour good luck!

siver-SI
09-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Yea I figured just to have one set would be some large cash but if there was a group deal that could be worked out that would be great.

00-ITR-373
09-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Actually, it wouldn't be that hard. One of my friends with an RX7 sent out his interior pieces to be vacuum formed with real carbon fiber and it turnd out great. They lay carbon fiber over your part, put it in a bag, draw a vacuum in the bag and it sucks the carbon fiber to your part, then hardens. I'm not sure of the exact thickness, but it's pretty thin. Then trim out the holes, and you're done. I'm not sure if the cured resin over the carbon fiber would withstand headlamp heat, but it's something to look into if you're serious.

siver-SI
09-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Any chance there is a way to get some contact information to that place?

00-ITR-373
09-28-2003, 07:56 AM
I'll get you the link next week from my friend. Thanks.

siver-SI
09-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Thanks. Now if I can get a winter junker I would be set so I do not have to worry about the down time if this can be done since I would have not headlights for a few days.

00-ITR-373
09-29-2003, 02:05 PM
www.carbonfiberparts.net
There is the site that wraps carbon fiber.
I know this is not going to sound like a good idea to you, but you could hunt on ebay or anywhere to find a cheap set of used APC lights or something just to hold you over for a few weeks while this guy wraps the lights. Just a thought. Hope this works, I'd love to see CF headlights!!

Suk02Si
09-29-2003, 05:04 PM
thanks for the site, I'm going to send a few parts to them eventually.:D