PDA

View Full Version : question about camber wear

wooman
09-05-2003, 11:25 PM
will -1 camber yield a lot of camber wear on the rear tires?? the reason i'm asking is my car is lowered with H&R's (2.0" drop all around), and I have 215/45/17 tires on +38mm offset rims... if i correct the camber to 0 the fender will rub the tires.... what do you guys think i should do?? i got these rims+tires off a guy with an EL who wanted my SiR rims.... any help appreciated...

02-sir
09-07-2003, 08:19 AM
-1 deg of camber is pretty mild, and will probably result in more even tire wear depending on your driving style. it's a good starting point for most people regarless of rubbing issues. go for it, but make sure you get a complete alignment (correct for toe as well)

cheers

shimmy_yaz
09-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Yeah I had a problem with my tires rubbing and decided to det my camber at about a -2. It is gonna wear my tires quicker I do know that but basically I looked at it this way, is it better to have the tires wear a little faster due to negative camber or have my fenders rip the tires to shreds in a matter of days? Jee hard decision.:D

02TafWhtSi
09-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Actually, stock setting for the rear is close to -1 degree so you'll be fine. :)

bigcase
09-08-2003, 10:04 AM
i got the same issues with camber. i also have 215/45's and with a level set, the tires rub. i was actually thinking about rolling the fenders so i could get a true fix, but man, thats alot of work. ???