PDA

View Full Version : Stain In the Driver Seat

Rey
09-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Hello everyone,
First time poster, long time reader.

I got a 03' Vivid Blue Si about 2 months ago and I have been noticing a stain starting on the driver seat of my car. Then, I saw on my friends 02' SI the same stain, except his was bigger cuz he had his longer I guess. Then, I saw the same stain on a friends 02' Focus SVT. Their seats are made of the same material, and it is the exact same color. I tried vacuuming, and oxi-clean with a toothbrush. I don't wanna try any other solvents because it could fade the material. Do you guys see this too? I haven't spilled anything in my car, and it is really pissing me off. I don't have any pics yet, but when I do I will post them. If you guys have any pics, please show them. I know they could be a little embarresing, but this could help us solve this major issue. I will also speak to the dealership and see if they know anything about this.:'(

Peace

CivicHB
09-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Had mine since Oct 02 and no stain here. Is it like a grease stain?

that sucks no beer and no job...sounds like me at this point.:( and no mota either.

Rey
09-06-2003, 06:30 PM
I thought it could be grease, but it's white........

Oh, and the quote is from "Born on the East LA".
It's on Cheech Marin's hat in the beginning.

CivicHB
09-06-2003, 06:46 PM
You live in Az so I will go out on limb and say its like a white salty sweat stain like on a dark hat maybe? i doubt it though...like you said some pics would help others to determine what the deal is. Post 'em when you get a chance.

JR03si
09-07-2003, 12:31 AM
I haven't noticed a stain on mine, but a section of the seat material is wearing out on the driver's seat. It looks like the cloth is pulling out (looks "fuzzy") on the lower portion of the seat. Maybe its from me always getting in and out because it is my daily driver so I'm in the seat a lot. This didn't happen on my '02 EX though and I had it longer than my Si.
As far as the stain goes I would take it to the dealer and get the seat's material repaired (hopefully under warranty). Otherwise, post a pic so we can see what your talking about.

Chinaboy
09-07-2003, 02:24 AM
i know this might be a bit crazy, but i heard from somebody, cleaing the inside carpet of the cars, what they do is that they combine Castrol Super Clean and dishwashing detergent and water, to dilute and with a pair of gloves, they can wipe away stains from soiled carpet and seats in a car... but that is something I heard, i donno if that is a good combination of chemicals to use, but its something to look into.

Best wishes,
Peter

Rey
09-17-2003, 03:22 PM
I know it's faint, but it looks a lot worse in person. I will try to get a better pic.