PDA

View Full Version : Tints: How good are yours?

recognition
09-07-2003, 04:40 AM
I had my windows tinted last week,
dark smoke and it looks great, but when you get really close from the inside theres tiny bits of dust and specks between the film and window.
Should i complain to the company?
Or is this inevitable?
I know how hard it is to get a good result when trying yourself at home:o

02TafWhtSi
09-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Going by your description, my tint looks like that as well. I believe its normal and happens only in the first few months. I've taken my car back to the shop and they said it is perfectly natural. Then again, maybe they just didn't want to replace it :o

Speck
09-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Well, I have had mine for almost 8 months, and I do not have any dust or particles in mine. Never have. I do have a very very small bubble in the rear glass.... but I am really anal retentive about stuff like that. The shop looked at me, beagle-like, when I told them :) Then laughed. It's really really small.

I would complain, personally.

-=speck=-

Brettnyt
09-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Speck
Well, I have had mine for almost 8 months, and I do not have any dust or particles in mine. Never have. I do have a very very small bubble in the rear glass.... but I am really anal retentive about stuff like that. The shop looked at me, beagle-like, when I told them :) Then laughed. It's really really small.

I would complain, personally.

-=speck=-

Hahaha. i asked them about one of those in mine too and he thought i was crazy... It went away by the next day... Mine is flawless :D 20%
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p204b496c99c5edbc5a4a613f00b2baa0/fb2800e7.jpg

recognition
09-07-2003, 12:51 PM
cool, thanks for the replies guys,
I think I'll wait to see if it clears up. The tints are guaranteed for life so if i'm still not happy i'll take it back later.
Its only me who notices, but then again I was really looking hard to find something wrong!

Looks cool thou!

C1V1C
09-08-2003, 07:56 PM
what brand of film do you guys use ? I looking for 50% coz I am in Illinois ... police sucks ...

also, is there any impact resistance film that you guys recommend ?