PDA

View Full Version : newbie wiring question(Infinity Basslink)

Prime Si
09-07-2003, 09:34 AM
This has probably been covered before, but i did search and couldn't find a definate answer. I plan on installing a Infinity Basslink tomorrow. I'm a complete newb to car audio, which is part of the reason i picked the Basslink, seems easy and self contained. Anyways, I had a question regarding wiring. Where should i run the power wire to the battery? I've seen the threads about using the foglight grommet to get to the engine bay, but as for the cabin....should i pull the seats and run it under the carpet? Is there an easier way that will still keep the wire out of the way? Any help would be appreciated.

JLannoo
09-07-2003, 02:34 PM
I have a basslink. I ran the wire from the battery using the foglight grommit. Hung the wire under the dash until the center console. I then just tucked it under the drivers side of the center console (it will go under the plastic). then under the rear floor mats keeping it close behind the drivers seat. Then tucked up along the side of the rear seat to the hatch.

Prime Si
09-07-2003, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. i think i'll use your method, it sounds alot easier. one more- did you splice into all four speakers? Thanks for the help-i am a complete newb with this stuff.

humanshield
09-08-2003, 10:53 AM
i'm not new to this, and i would never run it under a floor mat. the grommet idea is great. through it not under it.

the side running panels come off pretty easy. the kick pannels have i think two little tabs. pull it straight out. the run boards if i'm not mistaken, the sides pull out toward the center of the car. the top pulls up. don't quote me on that. i can't remember if i pulled the seat belt bolt out though. that might be hard for someone who doesn't have the right tools. at least try that rather than running it under the floormats. that looks crappy.

as far as tapping in to the speakers. i don't think you have to tap into all the speakers. only two. it's a mono signal so it just needs some form of signal from the speakers. positive and negative on those speakers is important though.

JLannoo
09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by humanshield
i'm not new to this, and i would never run it under a floor mat. the grommet idea is great. through it not under it.

Ofcourse thru it,How could you run it under it?? ;)

Originally posted by humanshield
at least try that rather than running it under the floormats. that looks crappy.

Actually it doesnt look like anything cause you cant see them. It would be cleaner to do it the way you mentioned,but its also more work and I'm lazy :D