PDA

View Full Version : Color Swap?

seattlecivic
09-07-2003, 12:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if dealers would swap a used for a used? I have a black EP and I was wondering if I can trade it for a Blue or White. I am just tired of my car looking dirty... plus, my last civic ex was black. Hmm.... Or maybe I should wait for the 04's..? Nah, I don't like them lights.

Civicvtec1ps
09-07-2003, 01:40 PM
yea its possible. your payment might go up little but if you hate that color. go for it
blue or sliver would be good color. white will get dirty easily too..

bobdobbs
09-07-2003, 02:08 PM
As long as they make money, they'll do it. They'll probably give you wholesale price for your car and sell you the other for retail. There's no reason for them to just swap it straight.

Brettnyt
09-07-2003, 02:17 PM
Oh c'mon! Black looks the best when it is clean! I live in seattle too and i wouldnt have gottan a color other than black! Unless they had red in US.....

seattlecivic
09-07-2003, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I guess i'll just into it and see how much it will cost me. Heck, I am not even at 3000 miles yet. I might keep it a little while longer. It might not even be worth it to trade cause if it is going to cost me as much as a turbo kit... then i'll just keep the black and get a turbo.

bobdobbs
09-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Black was my second choice (I got blue). I dig the blue flakes in the paint and the way the headlights and tail lights stand out against it.

seattlecivic
09-07-2003, 03:02 PM
Bob, your car looks sweet. I might end up doing the Tein SS set up like you. I just think getting it machine customed to fit sux... oh wells. If yours turned out good I know I can't go wrong. ^_^ I dig the blue...

bobdobbs
09-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks, man. Getting the struts machined is easy. Just take them to a machine shop and ask them to make the holes 16 mm. Other than paying them for the shop time, there's nothing to it. I've never met a machinist I didn't like. Support your local machinist. ;)

I dig the Tein SS because there's no downside, other than the cost. Handling, looks, and ride quality are all improved. The Tein Flex is overkill unless you race. Go with the Tein Basic if you want less hassle, or KWs if you don't mind spending a little bit more. The Tein Basic is probably all you need. Really, you set the dampers on the SS somewhere in the middle and tend to never touch them again. The hard settings (2 or 3 clicks) is too damn hard and the soft (12-16 clicks) is too soft. Somewhere in the middle (6 to 10 clicks) is where you'll probably keep it, which is where the Basics are anyhow.

BlackNRedSi
09-07-2003, 06:11 PM
i feel your pain man, it does suck when a black EP is dirty, but...when its clean, it is by far the best color....

anyways, just wax up your car real good, polish it too...then get a california duster, and dust your car everynight if you want :)