PDA

View Full Version : My buddy wants to sell me his Cerwin Vega Sub+box...How much?

SiR Medic
09-07-2003, 06:46 PM
My buddy just got a new car... A 2001 Chev Malibu:rolleyes: ... He just ripped out the ENTIRE stock sound system for a complete Pioneer system. The only thing he's keeping from the old car is an Alpine 5-channel amp (I don't blame him)

He wants to sell me his old Cerwin-Vega Stealth Seried 10" S-10 subwoofer. It's rated at 150W RMS, 300W max.

He's throwing in the box too, a ported 12"x18"x24" box that is simply WAY too big for the EP, so I would have to do some cuttin'to try and custum fit it... It's a homemade box, so I'm not too worried about wreckin' it and getting a premade one.

How much would this thing be worth? Keep in mind this is a friend of mine so I don't want to rip him off, but I don't want to get ripped off either.

humanshield
09-08-2003, 10:41 AM
i'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but i'm trying to give it to you straight. here it is...

with the box. the sub. and him being your friend. $20.

the reasons. you could get a much better sub than the cerwin pretty cheap. the box is built for that sub (from the sound of it), and if you alter it, it will change the sound of the sub.

in my opinion, don't buy it. go and check out some alpine subs, or even check out the new momo subs. they aren't that powerful so you don't need to spend too much on an amp. plus they sound clean.

hope i helped.