PDA

View Full Version : Is the steering wheel "H" emblem removable?

FCobra94
09-07-2003, 08:56 PM
My friend's is all scratched up and before applying an ADAMnQuickCIVIC decal :D he wants a new, scratchless one, to start out with.

We are wondering; is the stock emblem removable? If so, is it just held on w/ adhesive making it easy to pry off, or would we have to remove the airbag cover in order to take it off from the back? We want it to look as neatly done as possible without scratching the cover, etc.

Thanks for the help!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Your stock emblem is not removeable.
:(

My red "H" *IS* easily removeable.

If your stock emblem is scratched up, just install the decals and it will cover it up, unless the chrome part is what's scratched.

chubbychu
09-07-2003, 09:29 PM
it sux that you can only put it on once...i ordered 2 of them and messed up both times...now i have....5 dollars less than i used to.

02CivicSI-VTEC
09-07-2003, 11:37 PM
What, its not removeable?? what about the eyelid?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-08-2003, 07:46 AM
read fellas.
he's talking about the actual stock EMBLEM on the wheel.
of course MY red "H" is removeable!
you just peel it off (use a little heat for a cleaner/easier job)

FCobra94
09-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks man! I guess most the scratchs will be covered by the red vinyl anyway...

You mind if I place an order for a few now? :)

BlackNRedSi
09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Thanks man! I guess most the scratchs will be covered by the red vinyl anyway...

You mind if I place an order for a few now? :)

yeah you should do that....adams vinyls look GREAT

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi

yeah you should do that....adams vinyls look GREAT

:) :D :cool:

Brettnyt
09-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
it sux that you can only put it on once...i ordered 2 of them and messed up both times...now i have....5 dollars less than i used to.

Awww... poor guy.... Wait... why can it only apply once?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
09-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

Awww... poor guy.... Wait... why can it only apply once?

you cant remove it w/o destroying the decal.
it's really not that hard to do.
i've sold hundreds of them and most people get it on the first time, if not the second for sure.

FCobra94
09-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks again for the help guys, payment has been sent for 3 of them and I can't wait to get them in! :D

2k2_nbp_egg
09-09-2003, 03:50 PM
Nice...you got the Si. Hehe did all your SvA buddies flame you for getting it? Or did you just not tell them ;)

FCobra94
09-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
Nice...you got the Si. Hehe did all your SvA buddies flame you for getting it? Or did you just not tell them ;)

Hahaha. It's funny you mention that, the day I bought it, someone else posted pics of theirs and then came the minivan jokes :o

I just kinda quietly put it in my sig waiting for someone to notice :D