PDA

View Full Version : I freakin hate road construction

Driftin SI
09-08-2003, 07:42 AM
So I wake up the other day and do my usual morning routine before going to work. I walk outside to my car and see something funny all over the front of it, about a zillion black spots on my white EP. I thought it was only dirt at first, no big deal. I looked a little closer and to my horror, it was tar :rolleyes: I was fuming. I didn't have time to wash the car before work so I had to leave it like that. On the way home from work, I bought some bug and tar remover and spent the better part of three hours getting all the spots off my car. What a pain in the ass. I still have to wax the car again. Anyways, enough of my rant about road contruction.

RiceCzechs
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
Do you know where it happened? If so, could have a pretty good case against the city to have them clean up the damage... just address it as soon as possible by calling them, and don't take "no" for an answer....

STP03BlueSI
09-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Road construction and Dump trucks with dirt in the back on the interstate sucks!:mad:

Zero Three Si
09-08-2003, 08:58 AM
Three Hours??????????????????????????

Damn I thought I was anal...

Driftin SI
09-08-2003, 10:41 AM
I should have taken a picture, it was all over the car, hood, fenders, bumper and even some on the roof. This was on the interstate so I would have to file a claim with the state. Not worth it since it takes them years to resolve a claim.

Zero Three Si
09-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Glad to see my IPASS violation money is going to good use....lol

yakov456
09-08-2003, 08:57 PM
You gotta love when your driving on a road thats all chopped up and you hear that magic sound of rocks and pebels hitting inside your wheelwell so god knows what else all that shit is hitting and fucking up.

skooba
09-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by yakov456
You gotta love when your driving on a road thats all chopped up and you hear that magic sound of rocks and pebels hitting inside your wheelwell so god knows what else all that shit is hitting and fucking up.

haha i hate that sound

Brettnyt
09-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Its not as bad as when my mom recently decided to drive her jeep grand cherokee through a gallon of brown housepaint someone spilled on the road... The entire side behind each tire was covered.... Nothing worked.... I finally had to use a paint scraper and a razor blade... Trust me, not easy... I tried everything else too.... I even fricken warned her about the paint before she drove through it! Oh well, i get 100 bucks for gettin it off :D

civicSIracer
09-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Its not as bad as when my mom recently decided to drive her jeep grand cherokee through a gallon of brown housepaint someone spilled on the road... The entire side behind each tire was covered.... Nothing worked.... I finally had to use a paint scraper and a razor blade... Trust me, not easy... I tried everything else too.... I even fricken warned her about the paint before she drove through it! Oh well, i get 100 bucks for gettin it off :D

100 bux thats it.. detail shop be costin at least 350 if not more!!

chubbychu
09-08-2003, 10:39 PM
ehh...on the upside...everytime you drive on that road...its smooth and helps you to appreciate your ep even more.

but yea...tar is a PITA

insomniac
09-08-2003, 10:59 PM
I got a small area of cement splatter on my last civic after driving through construction. I didn't notice it til it was completely cured. In the end, it wasn't such a big deal. Chemicals are your friend.

JR03si
09-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Last year in the city of Temecula there was an incident involving wet asphalt and many cars driving over it. Apparently the road workers didn't mix it the right way and it didn't dry/set properly.
Assuming they're job was done, they reopened that portion of the road to let evening rush hour traffic through.
Unfortunately, I was one of the many drivers who drove their car over this asphalt. I didn't know anything was wrong with the road until I heard rocks hitting under my wheel wells. When I arrived home I got out to see what happened and saw chunks of wet/sticky asphalt all over the bottom portion of my car (I had a white '02 EX so it looked really bad). I was pissed! The next morning I got up early and rigorously cleaned my car and successfully got the visible asphalt off...what a pain.

A couple of days later I read an article in the local section of the newspaper about the city offering to pay/or reimburse the costs of having the affected cars professionally cleaned. This must have cost the city quite a bit. I'm sure the road workers recieved a nice little talk from their boss too. :D

BSEVEER
09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
The part of SoCal I live in has a lot of rock quarrys so nearly every car on the road around here is all chipped up in the front because of all the trucks carying gravel. I've been pretty lucky so far probably because I have only put about 6000 miles on my car since the end of November.

ep pilot
09-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt

Only a bill! My Body Shop charges about $1200 to insurance companies for that sor of thing......

Chinaboy
09-09-2003, 08:43 PM
after you clean it up, clay bar it and then wax with some good stuff, then polish it back out with some 3M swirl remover from all that abbraisve work.