PDA

View Full Version : whadda fuhg? fuhg big O

grooveline
09-08-2003, 10:52 AM
So anyway, i take my EP into to BIG O for some fresh rubber. I opt for some falkens.

anyway, they put the new tires on, and now all of a sudden i have a shimmy commin from my rear left tire. i take it back, and they play it off saying something about the balance. they readjust the balance, give the car back to me, lo and behold, the shimmy is still there.

so i ask, what the fuck? I give them a year old car with no problems, and they give me back year old car with a fucking problem.

what can/can't i do about this?

civic hatch boi
09-08-2003, 10:58 AM
if it was fine before u got new tires, and shimmy afterwards, it's gotta be the tire rite? try asking if they can put a nother new falken on there, since its new anyways. if it stills shimmies. then.. sock their faces.

BlasTech
09-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Hmm, are you on stock rims?

If not, did they double check for you hub-centric rings being in place. Without them, there is the possiblity of putting the wheel on fractionally off-center.

If not, have them check the wheels on a balance machine.

grooveline
09-08-2003, 11:05 AM
stock wheels, springs, etc...

it just really pisses me off that they do crap work.

i dropped it off again this morning, so i will let you know how it goes when they call me this afternoon.

BlackNRedSi
09-08-2003, 11:36 AM
did they tighten down your lugs all the way? did they put the tires on the right way?

BarracksSi
09-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Maybe a tire is out of round -- that is, the rolling surface isn't perfectly circular, and no amount of balancing will help.

If it's close enough to truly round, maybe it could be shaved a bit so that it's correct. Or, better yet, maybe another tire can be put on in its place.

grooveline
09-09-2003, 01:18 PM
no worries guys... big O gave me four news tires... no more shimmies!

bioevolve
09-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Bad tire, flaw in the making of it. You can truly see it on a run out machine. Balancing machine won't find the prob.