PDA

View Full Version : Ever had people call your car a focus?

blacksihatch
09-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Ok I get a lot of jokes from my friends calling my car a Ford Focus, but last week I got my oil changed and the guy asked me what year my car was so I told him 2002. Then they guy started entering 2002 Ford Focus in the computer. I guess I need to get bigger Si badges or some shit.

Peking
09-08-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah, got that once and a while.

Brettnyt
09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
Haha, yeah... I have gotten that a couple times.... "Yeah, you drive a focus right?" "No, i drive a civic Si... I love my rice"

bobdobbs
09-08-2003, 04:29 PM
The masses are asses.

BarracksSi
09-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Goodness, a mechanic can't read an "H" on a grille?

I've had an acquaintance say something like, "What is it, a Focus?"

It was expected, though -- he's a goober.

BlackNRedSi
09-08-2003, 06:48 PM
yeah...when i brought my friend to test drive a 00cobra, the sales manager said 'thats a sweet looking svt!' i was like 'you fuking dishit, its a Honda, learn your cars you sell!'

didnt even think about buying the 00cobra with my friend...left the lot right then and there

:)

Eric

shimmy_yaz
09-08-2003, 08:10 PM
AHHH i hate this so much! I have had so many people think I have a focus its insane. Maybe its because I own the only EP in my area and my friend has a focus that looks about the same color or something. I dunno but I hate it:(

ULTRAMANIA
09-08-2003, 08:19 PM
dude.. sometimes when i see focus' on the road.. i think its the si... then i realize i was wrong and get pissed as hell..

chubbychu
09-08-2003, 08:23 PM
ive never gotten that before. although if i ever do...im gonna bust out the big "h" logo in front.

skooba
09-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
dude.. sometimes when i see focus' on the road.. i think its the si... then i realize i was wrong and get pissed as hell..

hahahhaha i've had that happen a few times, sometimes when im with my girlfriend in the car im like "look over there" and point to an oncoming car, then we see that its a focus and she gives me shit.

when i got my windshield replaced, the lady behind the desk there was like "you know, that car looks a lot like a ford focus"
my reply "yes....... it sure does......thanks."

also my brothers like to joke the shit out of my car because they know it gets me irritated. one day he was looking out the window at my car sitting in the driveway and was like "steve look at this, that focus right there has racing seats in it. i wonder who did that"

stupid fords......

pLopSI
09-08-2003, 08:34 PM
Yea well when the new golf comes out, ppl will think it's an EP lol. But my neighbor somehow mixed my si up w/ a matrix. I was like... wth...:rolleyes:

Brettnyt
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by vbp si 03

"steve look at this, that focus right there has racing seats in it. i wonder who did that"

Hahaha... I have only mistaken one car for an Si and i forget what it was now... It was real far off tho... I mean, i can pick out Si's from 100 yards away at night, a mile off in the day.... I guess it was just a bad day...

yakov456
09-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by blacksihatch
Ok I get a lot of jokes from my friends calling my car a Ford Focus, but last week I got my oil changed and the guy asked me what year my car was so I told him 2002. Then they guy started entering 2002 Ford Focus in the computer. I guess I need to get bigger Si badges or some shit.

Dude that guys a jackass, do yourself a favor and never take your car back there.

the JigGa mAn
09-08-2003, 09:57 PM
yeah when i was running at the track the announcer said "here comes the black focus again" so i told the guys to wait and i got out and pointed to the H, the Civic and the Si badge...and he said sorry i mean Civic Si...and i waved thank you and went down the track

chubbychu
09-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
yeah when i was running at the track the announcer said "here comes the black focus again" so i told the guys to wait and i got out and pointed to the H, the Civic and the Si badge...and he said sorry i mean Civic Si...and i waved thank you and went down the track

hahaha....thats a good oneEEE!

Jpax
09-08-2003, 10:22 PM
The First TIME I EVER DROVE UP TO MY BOSSES HOUSE, The Fucker called it a focus. He said what took you so long. I just came from the dealer ship check out my new car. He walks out and says whats that a focus. :mad: :mad: :confused: :mad: :mad: I gave him my 2 weeks notice that day. :D Fucking bastered.

skooba
09-08-2003, 10:32 PM
i think the vbp si gets called a focus more often than the other color EPs. the blue resembles fords color, and since you see those cars around every turn we are easily mistaken :'( :'( :'(

RiceCzechs
09-08-2003, 11:22 PM
My son asked me what the difference is between my Si and the Focus because they look so similar *sniff sniff* :'( Of course, he's but nine years old and though he likes cars, he's not quite the gearhead I was at that age already. It helps little that my girlfriend has a ZX5...

I've gotten the "What is that, a Vibe?" comment 1x, one from an EK owner asking if it was "that new hybrid", and a Focus comment or two. *Shakes head*

Draco03SI
09-09-2003, 03:29 AM
I've gotten focus sometimes but when i took the car over to show my dad he said nice station wagon!!!!!!!!!!!! I said "wtf" Remember dad i choose your nursing home..

blueiedgod
09-09-2003, 05:26 AM
I have been mistaken for a Focus, and once I was asked if that was the new Golf. LOL

Mad02Si
09-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
dude.. sometimes when i see focus' on the road.. i think its the si... then i realize i was wrong and get pissed as hell.. LOL! that's the same thing I do, I think i'm more pissed off at the fact I didnt realize it was a Focus sooner, and I get kinda excited hoping it's another Ep. Then I want to slap myself for not recognizing my own car. I had this one guy I knew from high school ask me if it was a Focus, and I wanted to slap him.

Emir
09-09-2003, 08:55 AM
yup get that all the time... by my girlfriend.... cozz she knows it irritates me. but it happened to me also. i saw this focus from afar on the oncoming traffic and told my gf look an si but it was actually the svt....:mad: :mad: but it's cool...

SiR Medic
09-09-2003, 08:59 AM
I think people think it's a Focus just because thats one of the only hatchbacks in North America right now! I mean, you got the:

Ford Focus
Hyundai Accent
VW Golf/GTI
Toyota Paseo (now in Canada as a H/B)

And the Civic Si(R)!

Of these, our car looks the most like the Focus I'm sorry to say...:( , especially the Headlights.

But don't worry, Adam's eylids should fix that! (gratuitous plug):p

Burgh
09-09-2003, 09:02 AM
What's wrong with the Focus? I like it, probably cuz I like hatches in general. There are a lot worse cars to be compared to. :D

s to the i
09-09-2003, 09:11 AM
been called a focus a lot but heres a few other things mine has been called:

minivan
shoe
roller skate
doorstop
honda oddysey
egg
toyota matrix

02NJHondaep3
09-09-2003, 01:01 PM
One time i ran into this girl from school who is drop dead beautiful. She goes "Hey i know you, you have that focus." I almost cried. I told her it was an Si. Turns out she was joking and she had a gsr.

audomatik
09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
there is a local shop, McNews, around here that deals with nothing but fords, mostly mustangs and foci. i was at a family reunion and was showing off the EP. My cousin, who is a mustang owner and high performance gearhead, came over and was like, "Hey, have you been to McNews yet. They can really hook those things up." I cried. I just walked away from him. Later on I found out he knew my car was a Civic and he was just fucking with me. So I went and kicked the tire on his new Lincolen Navigator and told him he was lucky they weren't Firestone!

mental
09-09-2003, 02:28 PM
yeah that happened once...
poor fella wound up in ICU for like a week!:D

Hachiman
09-09-2003, 06:14 PM
hahahahhaha. I get it all the time at work.

"Yeah I saw you standing by your new car, its the ford right?".

"NO IDIOT, GIMME BACK MY CIGARETTE!!":confused:

KickerSi
09-09-2003, 06:52 PM
I used to get the focus comment all the time because that is what I used to drive. I used to hit my friends everytime they call the EP a focus. They now call her the si. I love brutality. :D :D

ep88
09-09-2003, 08:11 PM
this girl i met in concord said..."Is that a matrix?" :'(

2k2ep
09-10-2003, 07:42 AM
I was gonna steal my buddys svt and focus moulding and replace the civic si on mine. But with my luck it would not be takin as a joke I'd probally start hearing (hey I didint know honda made a focus?)

stephen
09-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Watch out. the new MK V GTI also looks like the EP3.