PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cracked

iR-VTEC2
06-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Howzit,

So like, i was driving.....and my windshield just cracked! I was like um....OK? Not a big crack but a crack nonetheless. And its growing. IT's a good thing it's covered (no deductable) but I found it very strange that a local glass company here already had my windshield in stock. I was like HAH!?!?!. Shocked. I'm probably just trippin out.

Has anyone else had a crack? Please let me know, thanks.

SBC31
06-25-2002, 03:04 PM
I think that auto glass stores always make sure they have windshields in stock. Worse case scenario would be to get it from Honda and that would probably only take 1 day.

Strange that yours cracked, you may have had a chip that you didn't know of, then a bump or something caused it to crack more.

Hard to say, we'll have to keep an eye on our cars here to see if this becomes a common occurence.

iR-VTEC2
06-25-2002, 05:00 PM
Strange is right. Must be aliens and their civic si jealousy. Bastards!!!

ZAPPED FROM SPACE! The windshield is being replaced as I type

punkdork
06-26-2002, 12:46 PM
If it cracked without any visible chips at all. Take it to the dealer and get OEM honda glass under warranty as it appears to be a flaw in the glass.

I have a big ass crack but I got a rock tossed at me by a semi. The first few days the crack grew a lot. I'm still trying to get the trucking company to pay for it as I have a deductible.