PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Everyone EP MEET 2004!!!!!

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 12:09 PM
Here goes nothing,

I have been talking to a few members on the board, and have thought of a pretty cool idea I think. This coming summer why don't we plan a US EP Meet. I'm guessing that it would be located somewhere within the Midwest states, possibly the Indianapolis Motor Speedway?? East Coast meets West Coast meets Midwest. With enough planning and organization if we start now, we could easily have a minimum of 100 EPs in one location at a time. Just imagine the photo ops and cruising down the highway with a mile of EPs covering every lane. I also think this could be a big advertisement for us to show everyone that hey...we do back our cars and for aftermarket businesses to show off new products, etc etc

I would really love to see something like this to come off the drawing board and actually happen, and I would be willing to help push do anything possible for it to happen. I won't beable to do everything, I will need help, from everyone. But it's just a thought.

Also lets be positive about this, If we plan to have this meet in June '04 that gives everyone 9 months to make plans/ask off of work:)

IceD out N CALI
09-10-2003, 12:14 PM
somethign like this woud take a lot of planning and special arrangements (i.e. hotels, etc) might be too expensive for some and difficult to get the time off work to do that. however, anything is possible with the ephatch members

ShowstoppersUSA
09-10-2003, 12:15 PM
I shall find a way and be there with the SI...

This would be one hell of a thing to pull off...

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Once a date and location are chosen, hotel arrangements can be easily made, and depending on how many do decide to attend, group rates will def be an option

Chrisbgft
09-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Thats a great idea. This past year my 2 friends w/ 3000GT VR4's went to the 3SI.org National Gathering in St. Louis. HOLY SHIT! All Stealths and 3000Gts. Crazy...they had a track day, autocrossing, car show day, all spread out through one weekend.

IceD out N CALI
09-10-2003, 12:17 PM
what location did you have in mind anyway? any specific city/place?

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Nothing as of yet..i just through out the Indy Motor Speedway...it may be possible to work something out to actually get laps on the track

Are any of the Honda models produced in the states? we could tour a Honda plant

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 12:19 PM
I'm sure I could rally the SoCal members together if this was a serious thing.

Pm or E-mail me for information.

Chrisbgft
09-10-2003, 12:21 PM
If u want something to model after...check out the 3SI.org National Gathering..its the samething we are talkin about.

Chrisbgft
09-10-2003, 12:27 PM
www.3snationalgathering.com

we could definantly do something like this...

EP3_DC5
09-10-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm in. That would be absolutely awesome. It would be even better to combine an RSX meet as well. That way we could have an absolutely INSANE amount of cars! =)
That would be absolutely great. Maybe have drag racing, a show competition, etc etc etc.

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 12:35 PM
I say lets give this a week to check out...if there is enough interest, etc etc...lets do it..

hey..it could be a Kseries meet :)

EP3_DC5
09-10-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
I say lets give this a week to check out...if there is enough interest, etc etc...lets do it..

hey..it could be a Kseries meet :)

Yeh I think just a kseries meet would be an excellent idea. But that means we would have HUNDREDS of cars!!!
Oh well, the more the merrier! =)

psylovibe
09-10-2003, 12:39 PM
i so wanna see this happen!

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 12:44 PM
all of those willing to commit at this pre stage time..please email me at laim@insightbb.com with the Subject being Kseries Meet 04 please include, Name, vehicle (model, year, color), and location

I suppose someone link this thread to clubrsx

chet
09-10-2003, 01:08 PM
I had thought of this before but never mentioned it because it seemed too far out of reach at the time. But I live an hour away from Indy, so if it is here, I would be happy about it!!

Here are some websites that may help you (local)

www.indyscca.org - If you wanted to set up an event

www.irponline.com - Schedule and contacts

www.indycarz.com - Possible local help from shops, etc

oldschoolimport
09-10-2003, 01:21 PM
posse up! count me in. summers are slow at work so taking off is no prob. :cool:

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 02:18 PM
Location is going to be the biggest factor whether this meet would be successful.

Where are the biggest groups of people and lets focus on those areas. Also what is there to do in those areas is also a big factor.

NY/NJ/Philly area has many members.

Cali is flooded with members.

Florida also has a large group of members.

Coming together and agreeing on a location is going to be the hardest part and the most important.

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I did a quick search on Mapquest from ShowStoppers (based in LA) to Indianapolis Raceway.

2070 miles which is about a 33 1/2 hr drive.

Kinda lowers the chances of California members making the trek.
:(

Chrisbgft
09-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Lets pick some locations and have a poll..thats the easiest way...

sniperSI
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
^^ all part of being a true enthusiast. I've been looking for a road trip excuse and have like 100hrs pto saved up, i'm down for summer meet 2004.

EPHatchgirl
09-10-2003, 03:16 PM
if Chuck is going....I'm there!

XLR8B4U
09-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I know it is on the East Coast but many many car clubs choose this as their annual destination!
BMW Z3
Miatas
MINI
Toyota MR2s
And yes oh yes
The SVT Focus group has even met there.

People travel far and wide to drive this road.. it is the best road I have ever driven.. and will take your car from you if you are a fool. But if you respect it... you are in driver euphoria..

318 Curves in 11 Miles
TAIL OF THE DRAGON Rt 129 on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina

http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/2003/Jul03/images/dragon_map.jpg TAIL OF THE DRAGON Rt 129 on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina

There is plenty of lodging and other excellent roads near by.

Here are some links.

killboy.com (www.killboy.com)

Tail Of The Dragon (www.tailofthedragon.com)

Deals Gap (www.dealsgap.com)

STP03BlueSI
09-10-2003, 03:34 PM
Tenn Sounds better than Indy..That would be a Badass road to travel..:D

But all else fails i guess indy would be good..i would probably take a week or 2 so i can visit family:)

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 03:37 PM
the Dragon would be an excellent road to drive, however, if you arent expierenced and/or like to show boat you will end up in the ditch shoot its possible to end up in the ditch even if you are trying to drive normally..keep in mind this will add to the roughly 35 hour drive for the west coasters

EDIT: Pics too big, not 56k friendly. Please resize before posting. Thanks:)

XLR8B4U
09-10-2003, 03:48 PM
I understand and alot of people have prepped their cars for looks not driving.. Heck the subs would throw peoples balance off right from the start LOL...

I may still do and East Coasters run down there in the Spring if anyone wants..
It will of course be AT YOUR OWN RISK..

But most things worth having are at a risk.. You only live once!

I doubt many of the West Coast people would come to Indy either..
But folks do come from all over to drive this road.. Texas, California etc.. Its a road trip but if you make a caravan and save money knowing you are takeing the trip and share rooms.. it can be done.. Few have seen real twisties until they have slayed the dragon!

Craig

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Ok what about a Las Vegas meet.:)

blacksihatch
09-10-2003, 04:12 PM
I live in Portland Oregon so I would be down for a LV meet next year, got family there. As for the Indy speedway I might be down, but anywhere further then a two day drive forget it.

j spek chucks
09-10-2003, 04:26 PM
come to Texas its a central location and Houston has the fastet track in the world

SIxtasy
09-10-2003, 04:29 PM
My large ass is in :eek: :eek: :eek:

Suk02Si
09-10-2003, 04:38 PM
I'd love to drive that road,kinda reminds me of Glendora Mtn Rd :D

If the meet was in LV, I'd go.

IceD out N CALI
09-10-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP
Ok what about a Las Vegas meet.:)

yeah that would be a good meet. Cuz if you're gonna drive far should be some other perks to it too

greenguy
09-10-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

yeah that would be a good meet. Cuz if you're gonna drive far should be some other perks to it too

I am down with VegA$$! Count Me in:)

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 05:11 PM
well vegas would be 1701.89 miles 27 hours, 34 minutes according to mapquest...

and sorry for the huge pics before..i forgot how big they were..hah

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by EnJaNir
well vegas would be 1701.89 miles 27 hours, 34 minutes according to mapquest...

Now you see my point.;) and still its 6 hrs less then what us Cali guys would need to drive for a Indy meet.

IceD out N CALI
09-10-2003, 05:17 PM
or u could have like 2 or 3 big regional meets that wouldnt be too bad either-might yield higher turnout?

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 05:17 PM
if enough people want in..ill make the drive...the dragon would def be awesome too..but thats a road ill take the svx on

this happened to a member of the svx boards last summer compliments of the dragon
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/BLKSVX92/11786.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/BLKSVX92/11785.jpg

IceD out N CALI
09-10-2003, 05:19 PM
isnt the most central place in the US like somewhere in kansas?

Mugen_EP
09-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
isnt the most central place in the US like somewhere in kansas?

Yea but there aint shit in Kansas!:D

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 05:24 PM
it would be best to try to find the most central location with things to do....people from one of the coasts are def going to have to give a little more...depending where we choose to have this

or u could have like 2 or 3 big regional meets that wouldnt be too bad either-might yield higher turnout?

that would also be cool..if we could all have it on the same day/time...hah..and stream video from each location..:D

oldschoolimport
09-10-2003, 05:30 PM
I know deals gap (dragon) in tenn/nc is the coolest damn road in the world. one of my friends almost died there three years ago on a ducati 916. the switchbacks look like stairsteps. gotta love em.

XLR8B4U
09-10-2003, 06:06 PM
Yes peeps even the new Viper is no match for the Tail of the Dragon If you are not careful she will throw you right off her back..

This over Labor Day weekend.. BUT if you respect the road and drive within you limits of your abilities and your car you will have a great time. I have done it about 6 times.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/pics2003/wrecks/viper_082803.jpg

I think it would be fun!!

Craig

Brettnyt
09-10-2003, 08:26 PM
That would be fricking awesome! Depending on how many people commit, i might be able to pull some strings and show up... one hell of a drive tho, for a stock EP...

Brettnyt
09-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by greenguy

I am down with VegA$$! Count Me in:)

Crap, i am not goin if it is in vegas.... im 16... still a little boy... to young to be corrupted.... A waste of time for me.. lets do some raceway... I wish laguna seca was central... :p

eurosteez
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by j spek chucks
come to Texas its a central location and Houston has the fastet track in the world

Its in the middle of the country of so we can all make it. lots of tracks too.

Tenacious G
09-10-2003, 08:38 PM
why doesn't someone start a poll, sticky it, and see how ephatch members vote. a national meet would be great, and a poll seems like a fair way to settle on a location. i'd be down if i don't have anything going on around that time.

so looks like the nominations for locations so far are Indy, Las Vegas and what else? i have such poor short term memory.

Tenacious G
09-10-2003, 08:40 PM
what about Kansas City? that's a pretty central location and it seems there'd be plenty to do. i'm not sure about tracks or anything like that? anyone?

skooba
09-10-2003, 08:50 PM
<---- definitely interested

I would love to see that many EPs all in one place on the same road, plus getting to see everyone and their rides in person is something that this forum simply cannot compete with. This is an awesome idea so lets seriously consider it.

Like it was said earlier, one coast is going to have to give in. Hell, I live in Virginia, but driving to Vegas actually doesn't sound that bad, in fact, in Feb 2004 ill be 21, so hell yeah, I'm down with that. Having a 20 car caravan all the way to Vegas would be fun as hell too.

However, everyone needs to consider the cost of this, and must plan accordingly. If one coast is going to be driving like 2,000 miles, tahts roughly 8 tanks of gas (250 miles, more or less, depending on how hard you drive) and at about $16 a fill up, thats $256 round trip on gas alone. Now factor in hotel costs, food, whatever sort of entertainment, and you're talking the expense of taking a vacation.

So if we are driving 2,000 miles, it better be for something MEMORABLE. Can't just be some regular get together, we gotta live it up that weekend, so I say let's do vegas because everyone can have a blast there and we could all easily find friends to tag along to help with the high cost.

That Tennessee drive sounds fun, but I think if people drive across the country, they aren't going to want to drive that much more. Maybe an East Coast meet for the dragon???

Bottom Line: Let's do it, someone pick a date, preferably in the summer. End of June sound good?

Ty's Si
09-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Reading the posts so far have led me to belive that a few simlutaneous regional meets might yield a better turnout. I would think it could be possible to pull off a one weekend deal in three locations on the west coast, somewhere central and on the east coast. For instance, in the west possibly Vegas; In the central location perhaps Kansas City; And on the East coast somehwere such as New Jersey.

One weekend, three meets, representing all K series vehicles. I think it would draw a better turnout. Just my thoughts...

EnJaNir
09-10-2003, 09:52 PM
vegas is great, however, the only thing to do in vegas is basically gamble, and if you arent 21 then theres shit for you to do :( it would be cool to see hoover dam and ask where the damn bathrooms are, and the damn gift shop

phatfreeza
09-10-2003, 11:07 PM
33 hour drive...:confused: that's incredible...i don't think i would be able to last that long! :p but the thought of seeing a "20 car caravan" especially all eps, some modded, is sounding VERY good to me :) since it is in the summer, i would definitely try and make it. however, the simultaneous/regional meets sound much more promising, and much less expensive. props for whoever has the courage to undertake this beast of a task! :p

chubbychu
09-10-2003, 11:13 PM
holy...wow...you guys surely do aim big. I guess for us 16-18 year old ep ers...this isnt such a great ideal lol. jeeze...halfway through the country...

maybe you should do east/west...instead of...Nationwide. lol that could seriosuly be a pain in the buttocks.

Sb00
09-11-2003, 06:24 AM
vegas would be great since i wouldn't have to drive anywhere :)

and for all those who don't know vegas... yes we have houses and we don't live in hotels, we actually have grocery stores and stuff like every other town :) we do have red rock canyon and while it's a 1 lane, low mph limit road, the scenery is just beautiful, and is always fun to drive :)

even if you aren't 21 and haven't been to vegas before, there still is alot more to do imo than kansas city (what do they have there anyway?)

i'm down for drivin almost wherever but if there is going to be a track involved or something i'd watch, i wouldn't want to risk the chance of havin somethin go wrong and be a few hundred miles away from home, that would kinda suck...

sounds like fun though :) hopefully it will all come together :)

solutionep3
09-11-2003, 07:40 AM
That would be awesome. it would be alot of planning but it would kick so much ass.:D

DTR
09-11-2003, 07:42 AM
im definately in, the only thing that "urks" me is the potential for people to say "I'm in" and then when the time comes abils out under "certain circumstances" that may arise ( i.e. the long drive) hell i would drive to Vegas, even Cali, my girl and i didnt get to take our summer road trip this year, last year we went to Louiseville and i trekked it in my '92 4door civic, so i would be very down for the thing to happen, but i will add one thing, i agree with those that stated regional meets would give a bigger number of people actually going. imagine if you combined the meets that already occured in the regional section of EPHatch, put them all together along with the those from the RSX, heck why not even for shits and giggles have some people that own Elements come along.....ehhhhh on second thought.........but anyhow, those would be decent numbers in themselves. i just thought of a Midwest meet location, route 66 dragway, in Joliet Illinois.....

EnJaNir
09-11-2003, 07:52 AM
this is very true, and is most likley to be expected, when we had our 10th anniversary svx meet in 02 we originally had like 200 people on the list..but by the time the summer of 02 came around, people sold cars, cars were in shops, etc etc

another thing that may be cool, lets say we have 3 regional meets...off set each meet by a certain number of days, then have all 3 regions meet for one hella of a honda meet...rsxs can come, shoot bring elements, crvs, pilots, s2000s, bring them all

phatsi
09-11-2003, 08:32 AM
I think the best idea so far is a few regional meets.....say Vegas for the west coast....Texas for the central parts and florida...and say Indy for the East and Midwest EP'ers....yeah, I think also a KSeries meet would be the best for turn out reasons....if we get a date set in the next few months, I'm 100% in for next summer and would help in whatever way I can....Let's do this shit!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Peking
09-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Agreed with breaking it up into reg. meets. East coast could meet in the Carolina's somewhere.

Peking
09-11-2003, 08:53 AM
Or Virgina.

EnJaNir
09-11-2003, 08:56 AM
ok..its at least settled to have 3 regional meets then...hopefully on the day, but i want to see another part of the country...soo i may be heading toward one of the coasts:D

now to choose locatoins

Peking
09-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Also it would be good to start three new posts for the meets.

DTR
09-11-2003, 09:31 AM
well if its going to be regional i would suggest that it be held at a ttrack location, but not just a drag strip, one where u can auto-X and show-off and things of that nature, so i guess route 66 dragway would be out of the question, hell I'll trek to Texas and that would be from Illinois, but i would still take into consideration route 66, just my personal preference....but i am definately in especially considering the timing, hahaha not to mention that i would be one of those people putting their cars in the shop over the winter and hoping to get it by early spring(hehehehe) but im in, im in, im in!!......definately would be nice to see other new Hondas, id like to see some Elements up close...it sounds like it will be great, lets keep our fingers cossed, we sould definately try to talk to like showstoppers, Fizz, and places of the such to see how they could help us out as far as sponsership and stuff......

Pradamuimui
09-11-2003, 10:24 AM
IM IN FOR SURE.....sounds awesome!!!

ShowstoppersUSA
09-11-2003, 12:24 PM
K I will suggest a West Coast meeting spot to be in the lovely LAS VEGAS!!! That would be a tight EP meet over there...

chuck
Showstoppers USA

IceD out N CALI
09-11-2003, 12:27 PM
yup vegas is where its at cuz there is so much to do there that will make the trip even more worthwhile. (be sure to book a room);)

Tenacious G
09-11-2003, 12:44 PM
please vote for your choice: National Meet vs. Regional Meets at:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20634

thanks

psylovibe
09-11-2003, 03:20 PM
vegas is kinda far from us eastern ep3ers =/

IceD out N CALI
09-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by psylovibe
vegas is kinda far from us eastern ep3ers =/

yup it sure is. you guys got atlantic city though, isnt that like vegas?

eurosteez
09-11-2003, 04:16 PM
just imagin a few hundred ep's cruisin down the vegas strip. That would be a sight to see.

Sb00
09-11-2003, 08:16 PM
just imagin a few hundred ep's cruisin down the vegas strip. That would be a sight to see

that would be friggin awesome :) would definatly need to get that on video :) i had a hellava time just cruzin with a buddies ep on the highway one night :) couldn't immagine 20+ ep's in one place :) we could own the strip :)

glad i won't have to drive far :D

SEVENTHHONDA
09-12-2003, 09:35 PM
there is an accord plant in marysville, ohio i think. marysville is near columbus.

crex2nr
09-13-2003, 03:16 PM
next year sounds great!! it will give me enough time to do what i have to to my ride, hopefully if i get it back sometime soon

siver-SI
09-13-2003, 06:44 PM
This sounds like a good idea. If we can not do a full US meet than I would say lets try for at least a mid US meet. I now I can not do it the weekend of June 20 since I will be in MI. I would say lets see if we can meet up at a race track one day if we can pull it off for a fun day. I am willing to do some good driving for this. I would say IN would be a little hard for the CA guys but maybe if we go a little more south and west we sould be good. I would say lets try and figure out the best place in the middle of the US so that way we do not have west cost or east cost guys driving like a day more then the other.

Is there any place in the mid US that has a cool shop that we maybe able to work out a deal with getting mods or free installs or anything like that if we bring some numbers in there place?

For me I would like to make it a thu-sun event. That way I could leave early Thursday or late Wensday night and there there by mid day thursday and then leave mid day Sunday and just take off Monday from work.

eurosteez
09-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Montana!!!!!!!!!
Speed limitless and equally far for everyone.