PDA

View Full Version : Service?.. FINALLY

TripleJ02
09-10-2003, 06:46 PM
After my 4th visit to the dealer for checking my transmission for synchro problems... 1 of the 3 techs who took it for a ride today and agreed to do it :D .
So now on monday my car will be going in for about a weeks service to replace my synchros :)

streaker666
09-10-2003, 07:04 PM
hey, congrats on getting the attention from them...

btw, what was your tranny like before you got them to fix it?

TripleJ02
09-10-2003, 07:16 PM
their was a quick grind when shifting high going into 2nd, and 3rd gear.

Mugen Power
09-11-2003, 01:18 PM
Yup, that's how mine is, too. It's also rough getting into 1st. Hopefully the dealer I go to will finally see the light... :rolleyes:

Tenacious G
09-12-2003, 11:04 AM
i have the same problem when going back into first ... like when i'm coming up on a stop sign and still rolling. I sometimes get some major grindage, but most of the time it's just takes a couple of tries to finally get it to slide into gear. Is this similar to the problem you're having, Mugen Power?

bloodzombie
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by TripleJ02
their was a quick grind when shifting high going into 2nd, and 3rd gear.

Uh oh.. I think I have this too. It's only done it a couple times though, and only when I was really getting down on it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault.

Mugen Power
09-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
i have the same problem when going back into first ... like when i'm coming up on a stop sign and still rolling. I sometimes get some major grindage, but most of the time it's just takes a couple of tries to finally get it to slide into gear. Is this similar to the problem you're having, Mugen Power?

Yup, that's EXACTLY what happens to me for 1st. Sometimes, the car is completely stopped and it happens (like when I just start it up to go).

bloodzombie
09-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I've only noticed it in second at high rpms