PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Cell Phones

intelli
09-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Does anyone have any idea's on where to mount a cell phone in the Si? I'm looking for suggestions.:cool:

Brettnyt
09-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Mount a cell phone? I have mine mounted in my pocket most the time, but sometimes i set it on the console in front of the cup holders... :)

Civicvtec1ps
09-10-2003, 10:39 PM
i just put it on my cupholders

intelli
09-11-2003, 05:03 AM
I need to mount it so I can make calls handsfree. I drive through a state that has a "handsfree" call law.:(

JLannoo
09-11-2003, 07:51 AM
While not a good picture,this is where I mounted mine. I have a Nextel I95cl and the speaker phone works just fine from this location.

You really do need a cradle to use a speaker phone properly.

http://home.comcast.net/~jalannoo/dashnightsmall.jpg

raiyo
09-16-2003, 08:49 PM
place the phone on the door handle area. that's what i do, you'll always remember to get it when you exit.

phatfreeza
09-17-2003, 12:53 AM
this worked for me... i just plug in the handsfree headset into the phone and drive :) also works great if you have blue tooth! :)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d724b3127cce8da2f809a2850000001610

raiyo
09-17-2003, 06:50 PM
if u mount it there, doesnt it get in the way of the cup holder?

Si4U2NV
09-17-2003, 08:23 PM
uhh?? CLIPS? MOUNTS? DOUBLE SIDED TAPE? VELCRO? wha are we? ANIMALS?!!?

http://www.radioshack.com/images/ProductCatalog/ProductImage/25/25-2516.jpg

-Mike

PS-Work smart--not hard.

Si4U2NV
09-17-2003, 08:25 PM
hehe--bet youre wondering where to get it...$6.99 at your local RadioShack.

enjoy...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=25%2D2516

CARE OF Si4U2NV!;)

-Mike

StrangeShadow
09-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by phatfreeza
this worked for me... i just plug in the handsfree headset into the phone and drive :) also works great if you have blue tooth! :)

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d724b3127cce8da2f809a2850000001610
hey I have the same phone!

place the phone on the door handle area. that's what i do, you'll always remember to get it when you exit.
That's what I do. but I'm thinking of getting a mount like in the picture, but putting it in a diff. loction. just to look cool :p

02SilverSiHB
09-18-2003, 06:04 AM
I put mine in front of the cup holders, fits perfectly and never falls out..surprisingly

Cuprsnel
09-18-2003, 02:13 PM
I bought one of those magnetic ones. It came with a round magnet that is the same size as the dead button on the dash and a thin piece of metal that sticks to the back of the phone. It stays put and does not get in the way. The sticky tape on the magnet wore off and I had to glue it to the dead button but now it is fine. It is also in a good spot to charge from the power outlet right below it. Cost me $10.

StrangeShadow
09-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Cuprsnel
I bought one of those magnetic ones. It came with a round magnet that is the same size as the dead button on the dash and a thin piece of metal that sticks to the back of the phone. It stays put and does not get in the way. The sticky tape on the magnet wore off and I had to glue it to the dead button but now it is fine. It is also in a good spot to charge from the power outlet right below it. Cost me $10.
where did you get it?

phatfreeza
09-18-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by raiyo
if u mount it there, doesnt it get in the way of the cup holder?

yes sir it does! but i try not to drink stuff in my car (i've had bad run ins with drinks in my car) but if i really had to, i have the two cup holders below the shifter ;)... seems impractical to some, probably is, but i love it :p

estebones
09-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by phatfreeza

yes sir it does! but i try not to drink stuff in my car (i've had bad run ins with drinks in my car) but if i really had to, i have the two cup holders below the shifter ;)... seems impractical to some, probably is, but i love it :p

Id be more worried about getting distracted while talking on the phone than drinking in the car....

thats just me I hate people that talk(on their cell) and drive, it should be illegal!!!:mad:
not to offend anyone I just get pissed when some dork almost runs into me because he is talking to the freaking cell phone...
ok thats it.
but the little space in front of the cupholdres works wonders I put my cell there and like 02silverSiHB says it never falls out :D

StrangeShadow
09-19-2003, 01:13 AM
I think the reason why most ppl are looking for a place to mount is so they can do the HANDS FREE thing, otherwise it's pretty pointless. :eek: wow what a concept

I need to mount it so I can make calls handsfree.
:eek:

Cuprsnel
09-19-2003, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow

where did you get it?

I bought it at the Verizon store when I got my phone. I will check out who makes it at lunch and see if I can find a link online. I'll let you know.

StrangeShadow
09-19-2003, 11:15 PM
I bought it at the Verizon store when I got my phone. I will check out who makes it at lunch and see if I can find a link online. I'll let you know.
great, thanks

Cuprsnel
09-20-2003, 07:32 AM
Here is the link to the magnetic holder that fits our dead button.

http://www.executivepda.com/HTML/Products/pdaaccessories/cases/multidaptclips.htm#Magnetic%20Holder%20System

Its only $5 online. I guess I got ripped off at Verizon.

StrangeShadow
09-21-2003, 02:59 AM
thanks a lot:)

BarracksSi
09-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Anything to allow hands-free talking is a good thing. Notice how the only cell phone users that drive like idiots are the ones holding their phone up to their heads.

The way I see it, talking on a cell phone through some sort of hands-free method is no different from talking with somebody riding in the car. I feel pretty incapacitated if I try to hold the phone while driving, so I either park the car or just don't answer if I don't have my earpiece with me.

I myself use an earpiece for two reasons -- my phone doesn't have speakerphone abilities, and I don't like how the speakerphone sounds to the person on the other end of the call (sound cuts on & off, soft sounds get missed, etc).

So, sorry, no advice from me, but that's only because I've never investigated it myself.

StrangeShadow
09-22-2003, 01:04 AM
The way I see it, talking on a cell phone through some sort of hands-free method is no different from talking with somebody riding in the car. I feel pretty incapacitated if I try to hold the phone while driving, so I either park the car or just don't answer if I don't have my earpiece with me.
lol I usually wont answer, and if they keep calling I'll chuck my phone to back of the car yelling something like, "don't you know I'm driving a standered in thick traffic!!!" :mad: :D lol