PDA

View Full Version : Got in an accident today.

Tamago_Si
09-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Whelp my brand new 2003 VPB Civic Si that I got in April has had it's first major accident. Wednesday September 10, 2003 at around 7:45pm I was driving home on a 2 lane road after work when suddenly a car abruptly locked up the brakes and stopped in front of me. Luckily was on my toes and I managed to get my car stopped just in time to not hit her. I look my left to see if there are any cars in the other lane so I can motor my car out of danger's path. Unfortunately, I then heard a car's screeching tires than a 1995 white Geo Prism plowes into me! I was propelled forward about 10 feet into the old beat up Toyota Corolla in front of me.

Somehow I managed to bump my head on the side of the window and now I have a major headache. The police came and took the report. The guy who slammed into me got a citation for obviously far exceeding the speed limit.

Anyways, it's dark outside so I don't wanna try to look at it more closely but tomorrow I'll take pictures and put them up. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow and I've also gotta start dealing with the insurance company to get my car fixed.

Man, my poor Si :(

seattlecivic
09-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Hey Bro,

Don't worry about the car.. its replacable. You are lucky you weren't hurt more than you were. Hope you feel better and maybe you can even get another new Si Out of it? Who knows!!

:-)

Tamago_Si
09-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the positiveness. The total damage to my car really isn't all that bad. The guy that crashed into me, his car is totaled however ( SIs hvae mean bumpers! ).

I have a feeling the insurance company is gonna try and lowball and just get me to fix my car...even though it's only a few months old! I want a new one DARNIT!!!

Anyways thanks. I'll take pictures and let you know how it goes after I leave the doctor!

Chinaboy
09-11-2003, 12:14 AM
first... TAMAGO SI, dude I love that name, egg omelett si, that is lovely, nice name, nice name...

Glad your car didn't fold like a tamago on the road man, that would make anybody shit a brick. Go to the doctors and hope your tamago won't be in too bad of a shape... if they lowball you its still ok because you got a shit load of stuff to fix, front bumper and back bumper is expensive, cuz all that shit insde like the springs and the foam and the rod are all broken from impact, so its gonna be a big bill... but put it this way, new JDM type r bumpers are for free now for you =D and you can put on the the lip and stuff from JDM ep3s =D

But on the serious side, yeah see a doctor tomolo, I had a bad accident too... rolled off a hill twice in a volvo, im still going to the doctors cuz my back is still not good, its been three months.

Good luck bro.
Peter

nozomi
09-11-2003, 04:02 AM
crap man, it sucks to get into an accident!!! don't worry about your car now, go see a doctor and do a check up. there can always be a new bumper for ur car, but not your body man. wish you're gonna be okay:angel:

off topic btw....tamago means egg omelette or just egg? i thought it only means egg?:o

K20A3Si
09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
JDM front and rear bumpers sound NIIIIICCCCEEEEEE!......glad your alright.......

IceD out N CALI
09-11-2003, 09:27 AM
glad you're okay(i'd still have a doctor check out that headache). maybe you can use this opportunity to get some nice aftermarket stuff if you want:)

Tamago_Si
09-11-2003, 09:41 AM
Well, I'm off to see the doctor at 10:30am this morning. My headache is gone but I feel a bit stiff.

Originally posted by Chinaboy
but put it this way, new JDM type r bumpers are for free now for you =D and you can put on the the lip and stuff from JDM ep3s =D

Problem is, how do you get the insurance to pay for JDM stuff? Anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by nozomi
off topic btw....tamago means egg omelette or just egg? i thought it only means egg?:o

Tamago means egg. But I suppose one could refer to an egg omlet as tamago, in the way that in English we call anything made with egg ( boiled egg, scrambled egg, omlet ) an egg.

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 02:29 PM
crap, your ep3 got sadwhiched. Hope things work out nd gladto hear you didn't get hurt bad.

MrCivic03
09-11-2003, 02:45 PM
ya to bad u got smushed in the ep but hey u can get a nice jdm bumper and other stuff. and cant u just say it is a bumper u buy then get the jdm and say it is the bumper made for it and then give them the bill. correct??

StrangeShadow
09-11-2003, 03:08 PM
ep3 sandwhich action...rofl :D you're luckey your car didn't fold up like an accordian like it's designed to do...:o

Chinaboy
09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
the people will come and evaluate your car, and then cut you a check... then ask someone you know or a nice body shop how much is it to fix, and tell them that you got the bumper covers covered... that is what they did with my van...

-I got hit by terminex
-a week later, a guy goes to my choice of body shop
-Evaluate
-Cut the check in your name, you can now, keep the check if you don't want to fix your car, or what not
-Buy the parts for the car with that check, and then bring it to the body shop to put back togther, it should cover all costs.

2003EPHatch
09-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Wow man. Sorry to hear. Hope you feel much better and hopefully your car will be up and running again. Glad to hear your alright.

hendo999
09-11-2003, 09:28 PM
hey man glad to hear youre alright, i wrecked my vbp si 2 weeks after i got it in april 03, it sucked i felt like shit , but oh well cars replacable, mine just had to get some head lights and paint up the front bumper, i have to say our front bumpers can take some abuse and come out of it like a champ.

Brettnyt
09-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
ep3 sandwhich action...rofl :D

That is SO hot! :p lol... Yeah man, atleast you are okay.... make sure to get some pics up of your omlette....

chubbychu
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
man...that really sucks dude...at least you arent at fault. =o)

blueiedgod
09-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Glad you are ok, Geo is softer than Si and that softened the impact.

Now you can change your name to "Cracked Tamago Si" lol

Insurance companies are funny in how they handle situations though. If you finance your car through Honda Finance, the company will issue a check with both your name and AHFC. They will have to sign it before you can cash it. Secondly, they may not give you the check at all, if you take it to their preffered shop, they will send the money directly to the shop.
What you need to do is find a shop that is credible but flexible. When my CR-V was rear ended, my buddy at the body shop relocated the spare tire and smoothed the rear tail gate, which I would have had to pay $3000 for, as part of the repair.

Good luck