PDA

View Full Version : The tech said that my first service interval is at 15k...

Mugen Power
09-11-2003, 01:25 PM
My car passed the 10k mile mark and the maintenance light is on all the time now. Even though I'm sure that the first scheduled maintenance is probably something minor like changing fluids, I want to have them take care of it so that they can turn off the light and hopefully I can get them to check out my synchros and front end clunk.

Anyway, the tech told me that the only thing they would do is change the oil since my first service should be at 15k... I know it's 10k and isn't there more to it? I asked him that and he said he'll look again when I bring the car there (this Saturday). So to those of you who've already brought your car in for 10k maintenance, what do they do?

pLopSI
09-11-2003, 07:42 PM
my dealer said 3500 for me lol... free oil change n' filled up the fluids.:D

Mugen Power
09-12-2003, 05:17 AM
Heh, yeah, when I first brought in the car for them to check out the trannys and other things, they wanted me to make an appointment for 7500 miles but I knew the first interval was at 10k. Anyway, I'm gonna take it in tomorrow and see what they have to say about it. Hopefully they'll agree to take a look at the tranny again... :(

STP03BlueSI
09-12-2003, 05:30 AM
The tranny again!!:eek:

Mugen Power
09-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Oooh no, I don't mean that they're looking at it again after replacing it or fixing it. What I meant was that they took it for a spin the first time I brought it in for the crunchy synchros but they thought it was fine. Here I am, 3k-3.5k miles later and I've had that problem every single one of those miles. The sucky thing is that last time, they said they won't look at non-scheduled maintenance problems on Saturdays so I had to take off of work to go. Since I'm going in for sched. maintenance this time, maybe I can sneak it in and have them take a look at it again.

One thing I'm concerned about is that if this is a design flaw, what's to say that after replacing the synchros, the same thing won't happen again?