PDA

View Full Version : Sounds like comming to a stop..

ep3guy
09-11-2003, 08:33 PM
This only happens when I'm braking, I'm slowling down at a light and the front starts to make clunky squeeky sounds. Are those my brake pads are is it that my rotor is warped? Kinda hard to explain the sounds. But I only hear it when I'm braking and almost at a complete stop when going at about 40mph. Sorry, I'm not so clear right now-pretty damn tired.

EDIT: Can someone please change the title. I was tired and could not think clearly earlier. :angel:

bobdobbs
09-11-2003, 08:59 PM
I get t a "thunk" hard-braking to a stop too. It sounds like a weight-transition thing but mine sounds like it's in the rear. Anybody know what we're experiencing?

ep3guy
09-12-2003, 12:25 AM
I don't get "a thunk". I get many clunky squeeks. That's the best way I can describe it lol. I'm guessing its my brake pads or my rotors, not sure.

bobdobbs
09-12-2003, 11:38 AM
It sounds like you're experiencing a warped rotor. The warped section of the rotor could be slapping a pad as you apply the brakes. It would sound like a repeating, scraping, thumping sound and would most likely happen in the front.

Has it rained near you lately? Usually stuff like this happens when the discs are hot and you drive through a puddle.

Jedo
09-12-2003, 04:03 PM
i also have that noise when slowing down. i brought it to the dealer and they said that it was my braka pad shifting. they said they applied some moly coating aroung the brake pad. now the noise is gone. i'm not sure it yours is your brake pad though. just an FYI.

ep3guy
09-12-2003, 04:28 PM
I have a feeling it is the brake pads also. Thanks.