PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club in Urethane?

Kirei
09-12-2003, 01:42 AM
As far as I know the buddy club kit only comes in fiberglass. But I was told that they were also made in urethane. Can anyone confirm this? Know of any sites or anything? Thanks.

civicSIracer
09-12-2003, 11:28 AM
nothing yet

RacingCivicSi02
09-12-2003, 10:21 PM
yup nothing yet. i don't want a fiberglass kit myself either

k2ep3
09-13-2003, 08:14 AM
if you are talking about JDM genuine buddy club, it's made of urethane, but it's really expensive... if you buy it, it will be like $3k.
here's website
http://www.first-inc.co.jp/index.html

EnJaNir
09-13-2003, 10:17 AM
actually if i recall correctly the real buddy club kit, is over 3grand and is also made of fiberglass

psylovibe
09-13-2003, 07:19 PM
i dont think a kit over 3k can be fiberglass?

Si Death
09-13-2003, 08:14 PM
its very good reinforced fibreglass:D

civicSIracer
09-14-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Si Death
its very good reinforced fibreglass:D

the sad truth:'(

beansbear
09-14-2003, 10:45 AM
Have any of you seen a real JDM fiberglass body kit?

These things are so perfectly fit that there is little or no bodywork needed to make them fit. They are almost OEM. The reason is japan companies rarely mass produce this stuff. It's built to order and under high levels of quality control. The molds stay clean and when they get old they make a new one unlike some other companies that mass produce the copies .

JDM is worth every penny you pay for. My buddy club replica skirts are still binding in my passenger doorway and needed a lot of body work to get them to fit somewhat. I may purchase the real buddy club sides later since the front and rear of the kit i have fit ok.

Si Death
09-14-2003, 08:52 PM
MAn beansbear you need to post more pics of your car. That chrome thing you got going on needs to be exposed:) :)

beansbear
09-14-2003, 11:51 PM
what chrome thing?

im going to post pics as soon as my damn rims come in... *sigh*

Si Death
09-15-2003, 08:08 AM
bah cant find the pic now but didnt you have the buddy club kit with the rsx looking grille and below it, you painted the bumper chrome??

beansbear
09-15-2003, 09:44 AM
hmmm i have the buddy club kit with the RSXish looking top grill but it wasnt chrome. I think the picture i took might have made it look that way though. Its black.

Heres a preview of the car with the mugen grill installed.

http://www.hisurf.com/~scott/show03/mugen2.jpg

Si Death
09-15-2003, 01:33 PM
AIUSDBIUASBDIUB!! OMG that looks so damn nice......:p :p :p :p :p :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kirei
09-16-2003, 02:04 AM
Nice. Did you have to do anything to the bumpers to make it fit or was the replica pretty well made? Where did you get it from?

beansbear
09-16-2003, 09:44 AM
the rear fit perfectly. The front was a tad bit off but you wouldnt notice it unless i told you. Can't really expect much from a non JDM copy kit. The tolerances are probably not as high as a real JDM kit since these are mass produced. The side skirts didnt fit that well but thats another story.

Overall though I give the kit a B+. There isnt anything to complain about that your body shop couldnt handle. I should have done a little more prep work before taking it to my friends shop since the front bumper has a few waves in the fiberglass, probably because the company modified it from the real kit to look different. the waves would be pretty easy to fix with some sandpaper and a bit of plastic filler.

Si Death
09-16-2003, 11:35 AM
what do you mean by waves in the fiberglass???

beansbear
09-16-2003, 11:54 AM
well, i think when they modded the mold, they took the existing one and fabricated a new grill to it. The area where it shapes into a "V" at the front of the grill was a little wavy seeing that it was probably the only part that wasnt from the original BC front bumper.

I think when they made the new mold, they didnt spend a lot of time to make sure the finish was perfect, they made it so that it could fit the stock grill if you wanted to though. I figure any body shop can work the imperfections out though.

Si Death
09-16-2003, 08:41 PM
How much did it cost in total for all our exterior work including labor hours?? now that you've showed me the bc in black, i really wanna get it. You must post more pics!!!! your car kixors assors

J-SpEc Ep3
09-16-2003, 11:27 PM
w0w ive been waiting to see a real pix of the bc front with a mugen grille... was wonder if u wanna let me noe where u got the front bumper from cause i wanted to add the mugen grille too

Si Death
09-17-2003, 07:56 AM
HE got i from showstoppers and guess its the new design. I wonder who the manufacturers of this modified kit is...
looks damn good though anyway