PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Break down Request.

sniperSI
09-12-2003, 10:52 AM
Can someone please list out all suspension parts (not springs and shocks but the tie bars etc).

What each part does and how the car reacts to them. Pro's and con's.

Civicvtec1ps
09-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Anti-roll bars are quite possably the best addition to cars since tires. They provide an excellent means for adjusting roll couple Distribution (Handling balance). they also control body roll, reducing camber change through corners. Of the two jobs that an Anti-Rollbar does, Adjusting the Roll Couple Distrobution is the MOST important. So just what is roll couple distribution? Simply put, roll couple distribution is the amout of roll resistance at the front of the car relative to the amount at the rear. Changing the roll couple distribution balance changes the handling balance of the car. If you increase the front roll resistance, the handling balance will change. If the car was neutral before the change, the car will now Understeer. If the car understeered prior to the change, it will understeer more, and if it oversteered, it will oversteer less after the change. The opposite effect occurs at the rear, where increasing rear roll resistance will increse oversteer or reduce understeer. The roll resistance can be increased by incerasing either the sping rates or the antiroll bar rates, or both. This makes roll resistance changes the key to finding a perfect steady-state handling balance. Adjustible antirollbars allow fin-tuning of the roll couple distribution making setup much easier.

more infos about different sway bars,

Comptech rear non-adjustable CT-140-115CLR
Comptech rear adjustable
Eibach Front 26mm 4051.32
Eibach Rear 16mm 4051.32
Eibach Anti-Roll kit front(25mm)and rear(23mm) 4054.3
Hotchkis Performance Front 25mm 22404
Hotchkis Performance Rear 25mm 22404
Hotchkis Race Front 22405
Hotchkis Race Rear 22405
Neuspeed Front 27mm 15.20.27.6
Neuspeed Rear 22mm 25.20.22.1
Progress Front 27mm 61.0102
Progress Rear 22mm 62.0102
RSX/RSX-S Rear 19mm
RSX-R/CTR 22mm

those are part numbesr and thickness of each sway bars
personally RSX sway bar seems just fine 19mm . great for daily drive. you cant even feel anything with adding low tie bar. its your choice. are you planning to do autox at all?

sniperSI
09-12-2003, 01:38 PM
I do plan on autoxing if i can find somewhere close to orlando FL.

I just feel that handling right now on my car is weak. It's great at low speed corning etc, but i just want a really clean, strong feeling, car. I'm trying to round out the performance of it completely. Work out the weak spots in the suspension, then the engine.