PDA

View Full Version : Picked up Some Cooper Zeon Tires ....

JSIR
09-12-2003, 11:32 AM
After getting some used Rota Circuit8 rims which had 205-40-16 Kumho tires on them I've had to sell the tires as they were too small of a diameter.

I checked out a tire recommended to me by a dealer that I know, its a Cooper Zeon 205-50-16 z rated tire. After seeing it and having this dealer recommend it over some of the other brands he sells (Toyo, Pirelli, Michelins, Bridgestones), I ended up buying a set.

I have to say that I am exceptionally happy with these tires. It's a damn nice tire. Its very smooth , very quiet and really good handling, Z rated with a modern tire compound and tread pattern. Ultra high performance tire with 280 tread wear rating.

I also have a set of Yokohama AVS ES100's which I used to think were great tires. To me the Cooper Zeons seem very similar to the Yokes in design, with a stiffer sidewall and overall better handling. They also cost a good $30.00 less per tire than the Yokes (up here). If anyone is in the market for a good daily driver tire with some sport handling traits I'd highly recommend this tire. You dont find them around in too many places in my parts, but I'm told Cooper tires are easier found in the US than up here.

I was a little skeptical at first as I havent heard of Cooper all that much in the sport tire market, but after checking out the tire and their website, and hearing what my dealer friend had to say about them I was pretty impressed. Its nice to see a north american tire company make a tire such as this, props to Cooper. I think sometimes we get too focused on more popular tires in the import market too much, and we end up overlooking some really good or even superior tires in the process.

my reply below has a link to the tires and rims on my car.

Joey

B18CXr
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Cheap is always good in my book

XLR8B4U
09-12-2003, 11:43 AM
You should post a pic dude.. That would be great!

JSIR
09-12-2003, 11:57 AM
well here is a link to a pic of the tire on their website, I should take some pics of my setup this weekend.

http://www.coopertires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=UHP&id=223

Joey

JSIR
09-12-2003, 04:26 PM
here is a link to two pics of my EP on Rota C8 rims and Cooper 205-50-16 Zeon z rated rubber. It's a nice look IMO.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32f591d0594

*Click on link then click view pictures when you arrive at the site to view both pics.

Joey

Suk02Si
09-12-2003, 06:23 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d733b3127cce8e03bcd0f16f0000000610

looks great!

JSIR
09-12-2003, 06:29 PM
thanks for putting up the one pic suzuk !, I have to learn how to do that one day, doh !.

I have to say when I was running the 205-40-16 Kumho tires my car was pretty damn peppy with the artificial shorter gearing as the tires were two inches smaller than stock (looked a bit funny though). But the current setup is still 3 lbs lighter than the stock wheels and tires which is quite good for a 16 inch rim and wider tire to boot.

Joey

todaCspec
09-14-2003, 10:00 AM
How much did you pay for the front lip?

JSIR
09-14-2003, 12:33 PM
the front lip cost me $380 Canadian, its the GFX lip, however I lucked out cause they arent allowed to sell them to guys who own Civics already. They were only meant to be sold on new GFX models as a kit, not as individual parts. They closed the door just after I bought mine , somehow mine slipped through the cracks before they caught on to what was happening.

Here is a link to a couple pics of the front end lip, side and front shots. click on view pics when you arrive at my shutterfly acct.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32f2e69c473

Joey

SSMep3
09-16-2003, 10:37 AM
do u know any tire sellers online who sell these tires? i have been looking not able to find any.....

JSIR
09-16-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SSMep3
do u know any tire sellers online who sell these tires? i have been looking not able to find any.....

I dont know any online places to get these tires, you basically have to check a local dealer that sells Cooper tires in your area. That's not so bad cause you can actually get to see the tires before you buy them and get a price fully installed without shipping charges and such. Last time I bought my yokes from Tirerack it sounded like a great deal, but by the time I had them shipped and paid for installation the cost wasnt much cheaper than the dealer cost. So check around for a Cooper dealer.

Joey

SSMep3
09-17-2003, 06:47 AM
yeah thats what i have come across as well thanks

mhx
07-07-2004, 11:33 AM
hows the tires doing.. im looking into a set now.. since its been a while since your original post..

thx
mhx

anjapower
07-07-2004, 12:28 PM
that's because he got rid of his EP3 and has an SRT-4 now...