PDA

View Full Version : new addition to the Injen cai family

chubbychu
09-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Hi guys....i just got my injen cai...man that sucka was challenging to install.

anyways, some hardships on the way was...the relocation thing went terrible the holders broke off...so i just taped it on... I have aftermarket fogs so that means...tons more wires...which means so much more confusing. lets see....i think thats it...but without my friend's help i wouldnt have been able to do it.

review: great sound, pulls hard, looks awesome, i also got it cheap at nopi.com for 190 something shipped.

civicSIracer
09-13-2003, 12:26 AM
damn reading that makes me love my AEM cai. took 45 mins to put on.. broke nothing and its nice and pearly blue just like my Si:D

chubbychu
09-13-2003, 01:34 PM
oh yea...there is a little drop in torque too...its not as strong off the line as with the stock airbox

sniperSI
09-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by plainol2k2si
oh yea...there is a little drop in torque too...its not as strong off the line as with the stock airbox

no way. It pulls better all the way through from 0 to 6800.

civic hatch boi
09-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by sniperSI

no way. It pulls better all the way through from 0 to 6800.

sorry, wrong again sniper.. just like everyone else on the board, cai will drop ur low end.. like plain's. like mine. like everyone's else.. but then again. ur si can hang with type R's.

chubbychu
09-13-2003, 10:01 PM
i dont know how to describe it but in the mid ranges the cai doesnt really "pull" as hard as my old e-take sri. when you get to 5-6k tho its like...wow!

eurosteez
09-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

sorry, wrong again sniper.. just like everyone else on the board, cai will drop ur low end.. like plain's. like mine. like everyone's else.. but then again. ur si can hang with type R's.

Does a SRI lower low end torque as much as a CAI?

chubbychu
09-14-2003, 03:40 PM
nope...torque i think might be a little better with sri. but not enough to make a big difference

Civicvtec1ps
09-14-2003, 03:54 PM
cai should be low end power and sri for highend power
either way. i love my injen sri. screams :D

chubbychu
09-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

are you SUREE about that? oh well....yea the most sri's go towards the firewall close to the driver and passenger so it seems "louder" than cai's

MrCivic03
09-14-2003, 04:13 PM
i probly gettin mine this week too. along with pedals and a new knob. my first mods yay. also got my calipers painted today bright red looks HOT imo when rollin.

RockEP_SS**
09-15-2003, 11:47 AM
LOL! I broke on the clips on the fusebox too! But overall installation wasn't bad at all, and the gains were great!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

MrCivic03
09-15-2003, 11:51 AM
plainol is that the injen cai rd from nopi that was listed under the 2002 civic si? if so it was the right thing correct? i kno this will fit my 2003 so i am goin to buy from the shop near me just makin sure it is the right one. i dont want to get ripped if i decide to get shipped from nopi.com. thanks for review again.

oogy-boogy
09-16-2003, 06:15 AM
Welcome to the family....I just put mine on a month ago and love it. The E-bay SRI was great for the $$ but didn't have the high end that I have with the CAI. Also, a tip for those putting in the CAI: I purchased an extra piece of the red silicone throttle body bracket and slid it down the intake. It keeps the CAI in place and gets rid of the cutting operation. It also keeps the CAI from vibrating on the metal and eventually cutting into itself from the rubbing.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 08:59 AM

what-everrrrr. I also said it could hang until 3rd, Which has been proven to myself on more then 1 occasion. Its all about the launch. Is it really that hard to think with a great launch we can take a car with the same, excuse me, LESS amount of torque off the line? Not to mention their peak torque only comes on 3500 RPMS after ours, (7500)Please, just because you can't drive your car as well doesn't mean you should hate, stop the hate. <3

Spazhead
09-19-2003, 09:31 AM
does the injen cai some with a bypass valave, and if it doesn't can one be bought for it or adapted to it?

thanks

civic hatch boi
09-19-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

i think u got it reversed.. cai lowers low end/highers high end.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 09:59 AM
Anyones else feel like their SI has greater power all through the RPM range, or even low down?

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 10:05 AM

i think u got it reversed.. cai lowers low end/highers high end.

Tell me what logic you use to say CAI hurts the low end and improves high end please.

civic hatch boi
09-19-2003, 10:12 AM
my logic is... before i put my cai, car was fine. after i put my cai, it felt slugglish down low and when i stepped on it, it roared. that is my logic. also, i've heard this from alot of people. also.. isnt' there like a dyno that shows this let me try to look for it.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 10:27 AM
http://www.injen.com/webpages/testing/original_files/rd1575.jpg

Here is the dyno from injen, shows gains in low end and in high end, Both torque and horsepower.

W/o a doubt increase in torque, which is where your low end is at.

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 01:04 PM
wow, omg civic hatch boi from your lack of posting in this thread I must be right for once in your eyes !@!@ Praise THE LORD. I AM NOW COMPLETE!

civic hatch boi
09-19-2003, 01:20 PM
haha, u got me this time!, but i will be back :) good job.

the JigGa mAn
09-19-2003, 03:57 PM
does the same go for AEM CAIs?

DyNastySi
09-19-2003, 04:13 PM
I thought someone already explained this? You loose low end because of the tube being longer right? It takes more time for the air to go in the engine. What if your reving your engine at the begining of a race? Your already sucking in air right? So it wouldnt matter. Anyone know the truth behind this?

sniperSI
09-19-2003, 04:29 PM
Yeah see that's the logic i thought civic hatch boi was using, that it takes longer for the air to enter the valves because the length of the tube,

BUT that all becomes a moot point because the car is always sucking air into the engine if the car is on, WOT only takes a split second (if that) to start the complete air flow, that's why CAI are better overall then SRI, because the air flow may take only an extra 1/4 of a seconds to start, yet the air is cooler. hence the dyno shows it all.

See that big spike, the differance from 95 hp stock to 140 hp CAI, once the cam is at full overlap.

the JigGa mAn
09-19-2003, 07:10 PM
does that dyno graph show a 2002 si with just a injen cai?? if so does that mean with just a cai our cars would be getting 146whp and 126 ft-lb??

what does WOT mean?

MrCivic03
09-19-2003, 09:59 PM
hey sniper in ur recent post um the spike is not hp it is torque but ya 95 ft/lb to 140 ft/lb is a great gain at 4-4.5 revs so i am sold i am goin to buy at nopi nat. tommorow.

chubbychu
09-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
does that dyno graph show a 2002 si with just a injen cai?? if so does that mean with just a cai our cars would be getting 146whp and 126 ft-lb??

what does WOT mean?

WOT...wide open throttle. floorin it! dont worry we all start from somewhere

sniperSI
09-20-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by MrCivic03
hey sniper in ur recent post um the spike is not hp it is torque but ya 95 ft/lb to 140 ft/lb is a great gain at 4-4.5 revs so i am sold i am goin to buy at nopi nat. tommorow.

yeah thats the ticket ;)

MrCivic03
09-20-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Spazhead
does the injen cai some with a bypass valave, and if it doesn't can one be bought for it or adapted to it?

thanks

i got the injen catalog from them at nopi nat. and yes i remeber seeing a bypass on one but it is a totally diff cai like not rd. but i bought my cai from them today for a whopping low 170 dang they lost some money... i cant wait to put it on.