PDA

View Full Version : few questions

staticflo
09-12-2003, 09:33 PM
ok first off let me say im new to all this so dont laugh to hard when you read my questions.

I just dropped my car on some Tein S tech springs and I know I need an alignment now. I took my car to one place and they told me they would be able to adjust the toe but not the camber. The problem is im not really to sure what they mean. So I was hoping you guys could help me out and let me know what exactly I need to have aligned and adjusted. This is my daily driver and im on stock rubber for now and dont want to have to replace my tires because of premature or uneven wear.

Also, when my springs were installed no bump stop was removed. Now I e-mailed tein to find out how much should be trimmed. The thing is every bump I hit feels a lot harsher then what I expected, almost sounds as if it isnt good for the suspension. Now, I dont know if this is just how it is supposed to be when your on lowering springs and im just making to much out of it, but thought I would just ask and make sure its not something that could be damaging.

one more thing, my front left spring is squeaking. Does anyone know an easy fix for this or do I have to take it back to the guy who did the install and have him lube or fix it somehow.

Sorry for all the questions but like I said im new to this. I just want to make sure im not messing my ride up by doing this instead of improving it.
thanks in advance for your help.
--mike

staticflo
09-13-2003, 07:39 AM
bump....I need some help!!!!

staticflo
09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
ok i see no one can help me out! DAMN!

Brettnyt
09-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Toe VS Camber

/ \ - that is what the wheels and tires look like from ABOVE when the toe is incorrectly adjusted. In other words, the wheels are driving towards each other, not with the car...

/ \ - When the camber is incorrectly adjusted, this is what the tires look like from the front or rear of the car.... They are driving with the car, but are at an angle, causing uneven treadwear on the tires.

I think thats what it is atleast....

In order to fix your camber, you must get an adjustable camber kit, such as Ingals (I think thats it)

I dunno if the tein drop is low enough that it even requires a camber kit anyways...

bao_pay
09-14-2003, 12:20 PM
i can't believe 78 people viewed this thread and didn't respond... i'm pretty sure that at least half the people who saw it would of been able to answer this question... afterall... you get a lot of stupid responses in other threads... i guess people just can't be bothered now a days?

Civicvtec1ps
09-14-2003, 01:36 PM
you do need to cut the bump stop. we do have discussion going on suspension forum. you can go check out here
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20585
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid64/p14d6e74e644117a0661f112b8ca52e41/fbfe7115.jpg
quote from zaiyo
"Since the day the springs was installed till now, there has been this knocking/clicking sound coming from the springs. There must be alittle step here and there which he missed out I guess. After doing some reading on this forum, alot of others have the same problem. I used WD40 and sprayed the spring where it meets the rubber ring on top and it stopped the knocking/clicking sound for a few weeks. Yes, for a few weeks, then problem came back again. In another post, it said to just turn the spring around and around and the problem was gone. I tried that trick today, and I'll repost if it worked out for me or not.

About that turning the spring around and around, it does work. The knocking/clicking sound got reduced. Sometimes it doesn't make any sound, but now and then you hear alittle. Is alot better than before. To avoid the trouble of removing the strut, I'd say just reapply some WD40 every other week."
you might want to use wd40 or grease on uppermounts

and about camber kit. do you have noticible rear negative camber like this? / \ seems like some people arent even using cambekit with tein s tech springs. at least im not planning to get it. just get it alignment from local shop you went to . they cant fix camber problem.