PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen black housing clear bumper light?

Z-49
09-12-2003, 09:47 PM
i had a crazy idea and ran with it. i just want to see if anyone knows if someone makes black housing bumper lights?:eek:

fsugatorbait
09-14-2003, 08:35 PM
You could always smoke them, at a 25 ft. distance during the day you cant even see them :). At night there almost as bright as stock.

Z-49
09-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
You could always smoke them, at a 25 ft. distance during the day you cant even see them :). At night there almost as bright as stock.
i don't like how they look smoked. i'm picky and i make one already, (key word "one.") i just never got around to making the other one.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-15-2003, 05:21 AM
You have to put clear coat over top of the smoke tint and they look sharp

i-WERKS
09-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Z-49
i had a crazy idea and ran with it. i just want to see if anyone knows if someone makes black housing bumper lights?:eek:

Damn, that's a great idea. I think it'll look much better than tinting the lense. I'm surprised no one thought about it earlier.
Maybe you can paint it the same way as painting your headlights.

Z-49
09-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by i-WERKS

Damn, that's a great idea. I think it'll look much better than tinting the lense. I'm surprised no one thought about it earlier.
Maybe you can paint it the same way as painting your headlights.
i have all ready done that. it looks ok but i need to do it again. i only have one side. it takes time and i haven't got'n around to the other one yet.

BarracksSi
09-17-2003, 06:53 PM
I still don't get it --

Do you mean that the interior of the lens/reflector assembly is painted black?

Is this with clear corner markers, or OEM red/amber ones?

Z-49
09-17-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
I still don't get it --
Do you mean that the interior of the lens/reflector assembly is painted black? yes!

Is this with clear corner markers, or OEM red/amber ones?
well it is a mix of bolth. i took the clear lens for an AIP bumper light and the stock housing (interior) light. i painted the housing black, wait for dry, and glued the AIP lens on. and wa'la.
i'm trying to get a pix up so you can see what it looks like. don't know if i would rock it or not.

dustinhurley
09-19-2003, 06:30 AM
something like this?

http://164.109.57.200/images/L8460600.jpg

BarracksSi
09-19-2003, 07:39 AM
I think I'm figuring out what you mean, Z-49 --

So the lens is clear, yet the reflector part's interior is black -

So, when it's not lit, it has this kinda sparkly, deeper look, as opposed to the blackened & coated appearance of corner markers painted on their exterior.

And, when it's lit up, the bulb is just shining through a clear lens, and not being masked like the ones with painted lenses.

So, the end result is that it still has a darkened, subdued look, but still shines just as bright as before. That would even be something I would like, if that's how it works.

Am I getting it now? I've never seen one like this (obviously.. lol), so I'm interested to see any pics.

IceD out N CALI
09-19-2003, 07:27 PM

i don't like how they look smoked. i'm picky and i make one already, (key word "one.") i just never got around to making the other one.

got a pic of that "one" i'd like to check it out

Z-49
09-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

i'm trying to get one of my friends to let me use their camera. Iced if you are going to SS on the 27th i'll show you it there. but i'm trying to get the pic's up before then. remember it is only a prototype.

and Barracks yes you are starting to see the "light":)

Z-49
09-23-2003, 01:21 AM

2QK4U ALLWAYS
09-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Now it gives me even better idea color match to your car almost stealth look :p
Like its invisible if you know what I mean:angel:

BarracksSi
09-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Very interesting --

Now for the usual requests: how about pics with the assembly on the car, from up close, from across the street/driveway, during the day, lit up at night (without flash, and a flash pic while it's turned off), and a comparison to stock when lit.

Please? ;)

(I know, I'm being a nag...)

Z-49
09-23-2003, 07:16 PM

Now for the usual requests: how about pics with the assembly on the car

Please? ;)

(I know, I'm being a nag...) [/B]

i'll try. i am going to buy a digicam on friday. (WoHoo) so i will have better pics up then. i'll try to make all of your requests for the pics.:D

Z-49
10-04-2003, 04:54 AM
what do you think?

Z-49
10-04-2003, 04:57 AM
?

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2003, 04:58 AM
hey that doesnt look too bad. do u have any shots from further away?

Z-49
10-04-2003, 05:03 AM
hey that doesnt look too bad. do u have any shots from further away?

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2003, 05:06 AM
looks good. it matches the diy headlight well

Z-49
10-04-2003, 05:23 AM
looks good. it matches the diy headlight well
hahaha well they're made by the same guy. i hope it matches.
only thing is that i broke the other lens.
i have to get a new set.:mad:

IceD out N CALI
10-04-2003, 05:32 AM
hahaha well they're made by the same guy. i hope it matches.
only thing is that i broke the other lens.
i have to get a new set.:mad:

are you going to do the rear as well then?
if u do i'd like to check that out too:)

Civicvtec1ps
10-04-2003, 05:38 AM
I like them. looks nice with your headlights.

BarracksSi
10-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Nice -- looks pretty good. Looking forward to nighttime pics, too.

Z-49
10-04-2003, 06:08 AM
man you want me to take night pics too? jk. have to wait for the sun to go down. sorry
iced out... wasn't planning on doing the back, if i ever get around to getting another set i will take a side pic of it tho.
does anyone know what the dimond clears look like? want to know if the lens is clear(no reflecter line). i would rather have it all smooth. matches better:D

K20NutBucket
10-04-2003, 07:43 AM
how did you get the lense off, i thought about doing that to mine but with white to see how it turns out.

Z-49
10-04-2003, 05:13 PM
for barracks: hope your happy

Z-49
10-04-2003, 05:16 PM
9000k hid:cool:

BarracksSi
10-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Hehe... thanks for the effort --

Looks pretty good, nice & bright, unlike the painted corner marker pics I've seen so far.

I'm still trying to decide whether it'll be worth it to lose the orange & red reflectors of the OEM markers.

Looks great during the daytime, and still shines bright at night -- goal achieved, I'd say.

Z-49
10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by K20NutBucket
how did you get the lense off, i thought about doing that to mine but with white to see how it turns out.
very carefuly. i used the stock housing and AIP lens.
1)cracked the sh!t out of the stock lens, sanded down the glue that was left. painted it.
2)the AIP housing you have to be careful with, i cracked 3 lences trying to make the other one. it's cheap plastic. but stronge a$$ glue.
3)match it up to make sure that is fits and then glue it together.
and that's how i made it. hope i answered your question and good luck if you try making your own.:D

oogy-boogy
11-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Hmm....They look great. nice touch!

Zero Three Si
11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
They look good...but I would wonder if people have a hard time seeing your turn signal.

Civicvtec1ps
11-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
They look good...but I would wonder if people have a hard time seeing your turn signal.
Whats that do with clear bumper lights.
Shouldnt matter at all. stock sidemarkers will do thier job.

blackout
11-15-2003, 01:06 PM
what about painting only the inside of the clear lense so its blacked out but glossy on the outside. it would still blink though, and if not you still have blinkers on the head and tail lamps and sidemarkers...

Brettnyt
11-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Dammit, how do i get these things out? I am trying to get em out without breaking em, but they arent budging... any suggestions?

Z-49
11-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Dammit, how do i get these things out? I am trying to get em out without breaking em, but they arent budging... any suggestions?
push it out, by removing the fender liner and shoving your have back there. it may be a little tight but it works
:D