PDA

View Full Version : Which kit is better

Ponjoob
09-12-2003, 10:26 PM
im trying to decide on which kit to buy the cybernation kit of the sfp kit can u guys help me out!!!!!!!!

surfsi
09-13-2003, 07:23 AM
I got the cybernation kit and they will turn #s, as where the sfp kit looks great! Judging from seeing is beleiving-when the kit was first installed, the first dyno #s were 223 whp and after dyno tuning with the s-afc11 which sfp. does not supply my car made over 250 to the wheels, and now Im taking out v8s. I'm sure sfp has a great kit, this is just my experiance.

MotorMatrix.com
09-14-2003, 06:53 PM
the sfp kit is much cleaner in mu opinion and puts down similar #'s.

RockEP_SS**
09-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Have you ever thought about Rev Hard? We just got the kit on our car, and it's running really well! 248 at the wheels, but the best thing about this kit is the Hondata!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

surfsi
09-15-2003, 07:36 PM
When you say you have the hondata are you referring to the extra 1,000 rpms, because I heard that's a little unsafe considering the motor wasn't designed for the extra rpms, not to mention the turbo also? How does hondata feel about the two together because I like the idea and also fear the idea! Sfp. your kit does look clean and I'm sure you're turning #s, and to get that clean look I just changed my turbo intake to a 90 that's polished.

kcx23
09-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Go revhard!

kcx23
09-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Ok forget all the B/S stories, I went to showstoppers today and got to ride in rocky's ep with the revhard kit. All i can say is WOW this car is quick ass hell. It sounded like a hungry beast who wants to find a wrx to eat up. I made my choice and I am definitely going with the revhard kit next month. Thanks for the joyride rocky and thanks for all your help on the info for the kit chuck. C all u ep members on the 27th of this month @ showstoppers, so we can compare it with the greddy kit which might have an intercooler by then.I-vtec+boost+hondata+B.O.V. sound= SUPER SI :p

REVwheels
09-29-2003, 04:40 PM
well thats not truely a fair statement. i mean jump out of a stock ep3 and get into any turbocharged si (no matter what kit) and its bound to blow your socks off. the idea is to have a kit that is reliable at the power you want. there are many people happy with all 3 kits. personally i have no experience with any of the kits other than the cybernation and sfp. the cybernation kit i tested was in an auto rsx and the sfp kit is in my car. if you are looking for a clean kit...then you cant go wrong with the sfp kit. think about it...the next time you want to dig in your motor to fix or grab something....or just presenting the motor. its great to have a kit that works...but it doesnt have to look like it's on life support! im driving daily 5.5psi on my sfp kit. it drives awesome. like factory till boost hits. 2 weeks ago i was coming back from a BFGoodrich seminar and got into a little friendly race with a friend of mine with a turbocharged 6spd lexus is300(dynoed like 493whp). off the line he would have killed me but we were on the highway...and since the owner of SFP was behind me i figured no biggie if something goes wrong. so we went all out on top end on a 4 lane highway and all i can say is that 143mph in an EP is scary! the is300 has a cut off at 132mph so i had a good 2 car lengths on him. i tried pushing the car more but it wouldnt go any fast, plus i was running out of road. i dont think many of us will ever go that fast often but its nice to know that it can be done....