PDA

View Full Version : my EP is a ticket magnet

jo3y
09-13-2003, 05:57 AM
In the 10 months ive owned my EP ive gotten more tickets than with all my other cars ive ever owned combined. I am 23 and have never really had any tickets on my record untill now. I won't lie i do speed, everyday. Nothing crazy, i mean i dont drive like a crazy ass or anything, I just do like 10-15 mph over the limit usually.In my opnion the speed limits on the roads I use are ridiculously low. I mean its not 1950 anymore. Sorry for ranting and Raving but I got another ticket last night for doing 5 over (actually doing 10) and thats the 3rd speeding ticket in 2 months. I almost want to get rid of the EP and get a f'n SUV with an automatic, that way i wouldnt be breaking speed limits when i hit 3rd gear:angel: I guess its not the car its the driver, so i guess my real question is what the hell is wrong with me, why can't i just obey the speed limit?

PS FUCK the police

spydur
09-13-2003, 07:23 AM
@#$% THE POLICE?

Unless you continuiously drive through a speed trap, the POLICE are just doing their job!

Get ready for higher insurance premiums.

droideka
09-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by jo3y
I guess its not the car its the driver, so i guess my real question is what the hell is wrong with me, why can't i just obey the speed limit?

PS FUCK the police

You admit you have a problem, yet still find the need to say, "FUCK the police"? That's intelligent.

Get a radar detector (Passport 8500 or V1) and develop the practice of looking WAY down the road instead of 20 ft. in front of your hood. I speed all of the time, but I pay attention to my surroundings and my detector, and I only speed when I've got open road to play with.

Peking
09-13-2003, 07:36 AM
"PS FUCK the police [/B][/QUOTE]"

A little uncalled for :rolleyes: .

Just be more careful.

SinisterCivicSi
09-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by spydur
@#$% THE POLICE?

Unless you continuiously drive through a speed trap, the POLICE are just doing their job!

Get ready for higher insurance premiums.

right on the nose! its amazing how everyone hates cops when they do their job......do you still hate them and say fuck em when your shit gets stolen? or how bout when your house is broken into??? oh they are your best buddies then huh......

i cant stand people that say "FUCK THE POLICE" thats just ignorant shit. they are doing their job, and cause it happens to make your day worse by pointing out something YOU did wrong, its their fault and they are assholes. dont get me wrong there are SOME cops out there that are pricks....but many of them arent, and i have many good friends that are cops, state troopers, sherrifs, etc. They put their lives on the line for you and me every single time they wear that badge, so lets show a LITTLE more gratitude.

ok i am done ranting......

spydur
09-13-2003, 07:56 AM
A BIG AMEN SinisterCivicSi!

STP03BlueSI
09-13-2003, 07:59 AM
Hahahahahaha the only reason i hate cops...esp Bike and Go-Cart bikes are when i am Longboarding in the downtown district of St. Pete..they always give me a ticket for "Skateboarding"...grrr...but since i have been driving i only have one ticket(street racing)..and i will never speed again.:angel:

skooba
09-13-2003, 08:08 AM

PS FUCK the police

agreed. i got a ticket 2 days ago. the cop wrote it for "90+ in a 45mph zone". his justification for it was that he had to hit 90 just to catch up to me. he didnt understand that i was way ahead of him going 65 and he was stuck in traffic for a minute. so yes.... FUCK the police, or at least this officer. because of his ignorance, i now have to go to court, pay a fine, risk losing my license, and perhaps even face jail time. but hey, at least this cop is just doing his job....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kirei
09-13-2003, 08:24 AM
In the 10 months ive owned my EP ive gotten more tickets than with all my other cars ive ever owned combined. I am 23 and have never really had any tickets on my record untill now. I won't lie i do speed, everyday. Nothing crazy, i mean i dont drive like a crazy ass or anything, I just do like 10-15 mph over the limit usually.In my opnion the speed limits on the roads I use are ridiculously low. I mean its not 1950 anymore. Sorry for ranting and Raving but I got another ticket last night for doing 5 over (actually doing 10) and thats the 3rd speeding ticket in 2 months. I almost want to get rid of the EP and get a f'n SUV with an automatic, that way i wouldnt be breaking speed limits when i hit 3rd gear:angel: I guess its not the car its the driver, so i guess my real question is what the hell is wrong with me, why can't i just obey the speed limit?

PS FUCK the police

looking at your sig, its not like its fixed up or anything so the only reason why they would pull youover is because of your driving. If driving a 160hp EP makes you speed, then I dont see how driving a 270 HP SUV is going to help.

spydur
09-13-2003, 08:47 AM
vpb si 03:

I am 53 and have had experiences with mistaken policemen. I have appealed three tickets and was fortunately successful in all three appearances.

Unfortunately in your case, you admit that you were going 25 mph over the posted speed limit. I would suggest that you go to traffic court and admit to the Judge that you were going 65, but not 90 (20 mph over the speed limit is one thing but 45 mph over is something else). Explain how the Officer was caught up in traffic and had to catch up with you. Did the Officer obtain your speed on radar? If not you have a point of discussion before the court. If you admit your wrong in a forthright manner the Judge may be lenient. Also, there is always the possibility that the Officer will fail to appear and your ticket will be dismissed.

I don't know your age, but if you are a teenager I would suggest that you take one of your parents with you for your court appearance. This indicates that you have concerned, responsible parents.

Additionally for your benefit, dress properly, show the utmost respect to the Judge and do not reflect a bad attitude towards the Officer!

If you see fit, let me know how your court appearance goes.

Lucid Moments
09-13-2003, 09:00 AM
It's not the police that are the problem most of the time. They are just doing their jobs. Notice I said most of the time. There are a few jerk cops out there who just like to hassle people. Those are a minority, but the problems they cause are real.

It is our beloved elected representatives that set the speed limits too low, and the insurance companies that lobby them to keep the limits low so they can justify charging higher rates.

skooba
09-13-2003, 09:46 AM
spydur:

I am 20 years old. My parents know about the ticket, they might come to court with me, doesnt matter though, since I'm 20.

The cop did not have me on radar. I admit that I was speeding, but certainly not 90+. In the county where I got the ticket, they give you 1 day in jail for every mph over 90 that you go.

There's a lot more to the story. I was at a stop light, and right before it turned green, a brand new black WRX w/ bronze rims, hood scoop, etc. turned onto the street which i was driving on, from the intersecting road. I noticed he was accelerating quickly, so I sped up. We got to about 60-65 and then he got on it. I sped up a little bit, but I am 100% certain that I was out of everyone's sight at that point, including the officer. I checked my rear view mirror multiple times, and saw no one. There was no one in front of us either, the cop even admitted to that when issuing the ticket saying "just because there is not anyone on the road, does not make it safe to speed." Finally, the WRX is at a stoplight and i pull up next to him, we give each other the little head nod. Next thing we know, there is a cop behind me, with his lights on, asking for our drivers license. We pull off on a side road, he checks everything out. Lectures me on my front license plate not being there, threatens to ticket me for that, but doesnt for some reason. Inspects every little thing on the WRX, measuring the size of the hood scoop etc. Finally, he runs the WRX's registration and it doesnt match up. Next thing I know, theres like 4 cop cars there, all for teh WRX.... they don't say anything to me. Just hand me the ticket and tell me to leave, so i do. I asked him if he had me on radar, he replied "no". He also said he first saw us 2 or 3 miles back and that he had to reach 90 mph and "still couldn't catch up" ( which is ONLY because he was stuck in traffic, and was making up for lost time) I'm so pissed off about this ticket. It is total ignorance on the officer's behalf. I admit to going 65 and speeding, and I will take responsibility for that, but 90 mph is just ludicrous.

IceD out N CALI
09-13-2003, 10:09 AM
you gotta watch how u drive-simple as that.

02NJHondaep3
09-13-2003, 10:10 AM
My brother is a sergeant of NYPD and even he agrees, theres a lot of fugged up cops out there. Cops have hit on his wife, when they pull her over until she asks them for the courtesy or she calls up my big brother and he tells the asshole he'll report him. I respect some cops but many cops are losers or in my town 20 year olds hopped on steroids with the mental power of 12 year olds.Import haters as well. I look at EP crash pictures to remind me not to speed or race.

02NJHondaep3
09-13-2003, 10:14 AM
Sorry for adding this but radar detectors are not always a good thing. You may always rely on one to slow down or the cops may see it and interpret that you have an intent for speeding since you own one. In my town not all cop cars are equipped with radar so they pace u in ur blind spot or right on your ass.In New Jersey almost any ticket can be dropped if you argue it or plead bargain.

psylovibe
09-13-2003, 12:44 PM
i dont liket he cops ither they have never really helped me on anything but give me tickets when im over spd limit about 10...isually 50on a 40.Once the cop told me im gettin a ticket for spding but he comes out for loud exhaust,a small cross hanging on my mirror and cutting through a parking lot...and I had my gf in the car...shes 17 im 19...been goin out since HS, the officer ask her for age...it was like 1am shes like 17...and he looks at me and says "Shes a minor you know that, I can put you in jail for puttin her life in danger...for spding(only 67 on 55)...and then tells me he doesnt mind putting my car on the toe truck. what a dick!

chakra71
09-13-2003, 12:44 PM
i agree that the ep is an attention getter. that's why i debadged/destickered the thing. it seemed to work... here's an example:

last year 3 weeks after i bought the car i was driving in a little redneck town minding my business with some tires/wheels i was giving to a friend in the hatch plus my college bookbag and my backpacking bag. all total well over 200 extra lbs in the car. I was stopped at the only intersection in this town and the light turned green. I had apparently left the car in third gear and started to drop the clutch, but the car bogged and i realized my mistake. I popped it into first and tried again and my stock tires chirped on the paint stripe at the light. no big deal, wasn't going fast at all or anything.

About 2 blocks after the intersection that i went through i get behind a jeep cherokee that pulled out from a ball park and we cruise at the speed limit. he takes a turn not too long after that and then a cop comes flying up the road. my radar detector went off before i saw him and he comes and lights me up.

I pull over right away (hid the detector before he got too close). He comes up to my car and starts yelling at me barking at me to give him my registration and liscence. i hand it over and ask very politly what i did. He says nothing and walks back to his car. then another cruiser stops and this cop comes and sticks his head in my passenger window, gawks at the shifter on the dash and asks several times to search my car. (of course i said no each time)

The first cop comes and gives me a reckless driving ticket which eventually wound up to be a $500 fine plus costs for "burning rubber through the intersection at a high rate of speed." i fought and appealed and evetually got it downed to a plea bargain of simple speeding with only a $100 fine. FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T DO.

ok that was on my stock ep.

last month i decided to debadge... took the stickers off, the si badges and just left the H on front and rear. Now my car is lowered, tinted, intake, new tires. looks nice.

I got pulled over in the same dinky town by a different officer for doing 45 in a 25. oops. my bad, i screwed up, but honestly the limit is absurd on a long straight road in the woods. but that's besides the point.

This cop asks to see my insurance and liscence and show it to him and he told me to slow it down and be careful and let me go.

really strange stuff. i blame it on the badges/stickers. rice = attention = tickets.

clean = less attention by everyone, more attention by those that know.

sorry for the long post :D

ep3guy
09-13-2003, 01:07 PM
I have't had any problems yet and I live in Southern California. I guess I'm just lucky.

SinisterCivicSi
09-13-2003, 01:13 PM
yeah and i forgot to post, i havent had any problems either......and i have 10percent tint, a loud ass exhaust, rims the whole shabang. guess its the handcuffs on the mirror that gets me off.....i usually just get winked at by the cops. lol

STP03BlueSI
09-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SinisterCivicSi
yeah and i forgot to post, i havent had any problems either......and i have 10percent tint, a loud ass exhaust, rims the whole shabang. guess its the handcuffs on the mirror that gets me off.....i usually just get winked at by the cops. lol

LOL!

chubbychu
09-13-2003, 01:20 PM
maybe you should be more alert...and learn where cops usually hide

either that or slow down!!!

jo3y
09-13-2003, 05:40 PM
This happened last night and the cop said he was 'pacing' me for 2 miles. So in other words he followed me for two miles a few cars back, then when i hit a free streach of road with no one in front of me and gave my car a little gas he pulled me over and ticketed me. I know the cop is just doing his semi-professional job but i still hate them all. Too many bad experiences with crooked cops, i mean i knew one who blew his head off in my house. Smart guy huh. Sorry if i offended anyone with my F*CK the police comment but i was letting off steam yesterday. Also Ive never called the police to solve any problem and find them sort of useless in a civilized society. Just kind of the bottom feeders of the power hungry. Shit im flaming again. I need to move to germany near the Autobahn. . . :(

ep pilot
09-13-2003, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jo3y
[B]I almost want to get rid of the EP and get a f'n SUV with an automatic, that way I wouldn

Brettnyt
09-14-2003, 12:55 AM
I dont hate the police, I am just afraid of them... They prevent us from having as much fun as we want, and how do we respond? In fear... Yes, whenever I drive, i drive fearing a 200 dollar or more ticket.... That is pretty spendy... We must not admit that we fear them, so our feelings are merely portrayed in hatred and jokes....

Think of it as a parent who won't let you put a fork in an electrical socket... You are just having fun, (unsafe fun, mind you) and the parent comes along, stops the fun, and often times punishes you...

Just remember, they are out there for our own good....