PDA

View Full Version : rear strut tower tie bar - installed

joneSi
09-13-2003, 07:47 AM
My impressions:

Wow, just installed the Neuspeed rear strut tower tie bar, and it is unreal. Works like a charm, install went as planned except for the cutting the panels, haven't done that yet.

The fit is good, it kinda sucks that you have to cut plastic panels to make it fit, but, whatever.

The handling...
is great! Even less body roll with the springs, front strut tower tie bar. Sticks through hard turns VERY well, and is lively around town. Even less understeer. Cant wait to Auto-x with it :p I think I'll be getting the bushings for the sway bars as well.

joneSi

glw
09-13-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by joneSi
My impressions:

Wow, just installed the Neuspeed rear strut tower tie bar, and it is unreal. Works like a charm, install went as planned except for the cutting the panels, haven't done that yet.

The fit is good, it kinda sucks that you have to cut plastic panels to make it fit, but, whatever.

The handling...
is great! Even less body roll with the springs, front strut tower tie bar. Sticks through hard turns VERY well, and is lively around town. Even less understeer. Cant wait to Auto-x with it :p I think I'll be getting the bushings for the sway bars as well.

joneSi man, i just got back from an all day autox practice and man my car is set-up great now. i, too, have the neuspeed stb's. i also have the progress sways and they come with poly bushings... so you won't neeed the sway bar bushings if you got progress, don't know about others.

the part that made the difference was -2

joneSi
09-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Thanks! I'm so excited about the Autox event...coming soon! Anyway, I think I'm gonna stay with stock sways for now, others are kinda pricey. So bushings, and a neuspeed rear lower tie bar should do the trick ;)

I've got the eibach prokit, and I like it, but I either want full coilover or shocks...mugen is starting to sound good, cause its mugen...otherwise its just gonna be shocks.

joneSi

ViViDPeArL
09-18-2003, 07:42 AM
make sure when you go with sway bars you don't just get the bar but also the frame support. from what i know...a neuspeed setup will cost about $400....i dunno how much the progress setup costs...although the progress setup is mean with those huge PROGRESS text.