PDA

View Full Version : i deserved it....

K20A3Si
09-13-2003, 03:52 PM
i cant belive i did this...i am so pissed off i cant even type correctly....i was finished changin gmy oil when i was coming home..all of a sudden my car started smicking...then flames came from unser my hood....i pulled over an dthe flames somehow went out....i discovered a trail of oil followin gmy for about 20 ft on the highway...teh firedepartment showed up and police...i had the car towed back to my job at a honda dealer....i have them check everythin gout and i guess i forgoit to take of a seal on the oil filter....the damages were burned abs and ac harness and the headlights dont work......the motor is fine....it did not cease or overheat...so li am lucky there...i cant believ i did this.......i am worried about my car an di am so discouraged about the incident....i never did this before..we all make mistakes i guess.....i just happened to make a big one...but that wasant the part that really pissed me off...it was the poart when my engine had flames around it.....a black vw gti drove by laughing and pointing...i guess some people have no brains or respect...i wouldnt do that if isaw a vw buring on the side of the road....

Mad02Si
09-13-2003, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear that, but atleast your ok. Some people are just grimy assholes, give em the finger and a fuck off to send them on thier way. ;)

IknowApirate
09-13-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by K20A3Si
a black vw gti drove by laughing and pointing...

He'll get his. I hear there are reliability issues with those. I considered one of those for about half a day, but after reading about a lot of people's gtis spending a lot of time in the shop, I decided against it. Also, I don't want to spend $20k+ on a car that doesn't perform like it should, and still have a VW.

ep pilot
09-13-2003, 06:01 PM
a black vw gti drove by laughing and pointing...i guess some people have no brains or respect...i wouldnt do that if isaw a vw buring on the side of the road....

Seriously I wouldn't trip, (1st off) VW's burning on the side of the road used to be common-place Lol, hence the "air-cooled" modles of yore. (2nd) your problem was O.E. operator error...

As far as the flames go, what do you expect oil to do when it drips down ao a hot Cat or Manifold?

Also my last car a 2002 1.8t Jetta left me stranded on the side of the road twice, in the year that I owned it......

-Ryan

HondaMan
09-13-2003, 06:25 PM
Tough lesson...just chalk it up as a lesson learned.

I find most VW owners to be dickheads (especially 1.8T drivers) and this case is just more proof that they really are! :mad:

02TafWhtSi
09-14-2003, 05:10 AM
Is your dealer willing to warranty the damaged parts?

anjapower
09-14-2003, 05:21 AM
damn man that totally blows. Shit happens though, I've definitely had my share of screw-ups. So what did you forget to take off? The clear plastic around the new filter?

SpeedRacer
09-14-2003, 06:29 AM
i guess i forgoit to take of a seal on the oil filter....the damages were burned abs and ac harness and the headlights dont work......the motor is fine....it did not cease or overheat...so li am lucky there.

..i wouldnt do that if isaw a vw buring on the side of the road....

first off what do you meen you forgot to take off a seal on the oil filter? im the only person that has ever changed my oil and man im not the most what do you call it im not the best with tools i guess you can say but i do all the shit to my car anyways of course with help from my ep friends. i tell you the the first couple times i change my oil i was kinda nervous thinking that would happen to me. thank god it didn't but then again much worse shit has happaned.

You know what i wouldn't drive buy laughing either that guy obviously has problems i dont belive in god really BUT if you do you should pray for him it's good to know you wont lower yourself to his level

i know i skipped second of all but here goes third of all if you were not driving a hond and the same incident happaned the engine would have siezed (i know i cant spell) so atleast your car is easily fixable and you work at honda i think you said so you should get good priced or maybe you will end up like everybody else on this forum fuck your car then come back stronger then before you can get some jdm light out if it or something just try and look at the bright side my man. It's just an accident i bet you would rather have the accident you had then have an accident with another car right so it could of been worse just be greatful for what you have.

anyways man im really out of character tonight i dont know what has got into me maybe it's because it is 6:27 am and i have not slept and i need to be at work at 11:00 so my solution is i cant go to sleep because i wont wake up on time so im just going to stay up till work and drink a SHITLOAD of coffee. sorry about the last paragragh a little rambling anyways good luck to you .

K20A3Si
09-14-2003, 07:04 AM
thanks guys...i really appreciate all the replies...it feels good to read them.....the care is going to be looked monday.....i wont have acar when i goto school so this sucks...but anyways...i hope evrything turns out..ok...a lesson learned deffinitly...thanks guys...

blueiedgod
09-14-2003, 07:13 AM
I was affraid of that the first time I changed oil. I don't think factory workers actually put a dab of oil on the filter gasket before installing it. Was this your first oil change for this car? If not, then whoever replaced oil before, could have been you, did not put enough oil on the rubber seal before bolting it on.

Lesson learnt.

I am always affraid that I did not put it on tight enough. The manual calls for hand tight installation.

yakov456
09-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Thats why I don't do that shit myself. I know my dumbass will forget some obvious detail and the only person to answer to it is me. At least at a dealer or auto shop they have to answer to the problem. Don't let it get you down dude. Everybody fucks up big, just some people won't admit it.

IownAmaxima
09-15-2003, 06:54 AM
That's why when I change my oil I leave the driver's door open, lean WAYYY over and watch under the engine when I turn the engine over for the first time... just in case. If the old gasket is still on there it's pretty evident in the first few seconds! It's very easy for the previous gasket to stick and not come off with the filter... anyone who says it can't happen has never changed his own oil.

sorry to hear it, hope it gets fixed better than new. Is your insurance getting involved?

HondaMan
09-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Double gaskets can happen...I always check to make sure the old filter has the gasket (seal) on it before installing the new filter, and IownAmaxima is right if you double gasket it will leak like crazy when you check for leaks after an oil change (always check for leaks before finshing up). I made a mess once when this happened to me (many moons ago). Doh!

K20A3Si
09-16-2003, 06:19 AM
the car was checked out by a honda tech...he said the only damages were a 02 sensor, and 2 wireing harnesses....the motor is fine...they are starting to work on it today......there is no body damage ..thank god......thanks for readingthis...i will let you know how the car is after i get it fixed.....later

bloodzombie
09-16-2003, 03:33 PM
a black vw gti drove by laughing and pointing...

When dodge first made the neon, it looked like it was smiling, but I never saw one laugh and point. That's freaking amazing.

NBP_03Si
09-16-2003, 03:38 PM
sorry about it. :(

handurass2u
09-16-2003, 05:00 PM
sorry to hear that man. i just got in to an accident. when things go bad i always think of the worst. like u could be trap in the car...... look on the bright side u are still ok and ur car is fixable, be happy about that.

K20A3Si
09-16-2003, 06:09 PM
he will get his .....at least i hope...i was trying to keep faith that all vw owners arent assholes .......i apoligize to annyone i offend when i say this but i hate vw owners....every single one is ruthless and disrespectfull......nazi wanabeez.......every single one......i have not encounterd a nice vw owner...they all have the same attitude....my car is the best....hondas are rice.....thats there mind set...there nazi wanabeez for the second time...its low end german enginering...the lowest of low to be exact...i owned a 1.8t for one day...it died the second day...and again i am laughed at becaause i dont have that ugly ass vw traditional look of a oversized box...i hate to get like thi s..but it was the last straw.......i hope my other ep owners will stick by me...thanx guys

K20A3Si
09-16-2003, 06:17 PM
one more thing.....my friends went with one of my buddies who ownes a vw to waterfest thi ssummer......my friend has a blue 2.5 rs....the car is amazing....when he drove by....a bunch of vw kids told him "2 do a all wheel drive burn out with his awd piece of shit"...and thats a quote....now my friends 2.5 will ruin most vw's ....and i cant believe the ignorance.....need i say more.....

K20A3Si
09-26-2003, 07:53 AM
yes!!!!!!i finally got my car back..and it drives great.....i thank all of you for your comments and support.....ep3 meet the 1st of november at the greendale mall in worcester mass....i hope to see everyone there...later

furious
09-26-2003, 10:40 AM
yes!!!!!!i finally got my car back..and it drives great.....i thank all of you for your comments and support.....ep3 meet the 1st of november at the greendale mall in worcester mass....i hope to see everyone there...later

congrats congrats...cool...will see you there man!

cbecker333
09-26-2003, 10:56 AM
don't worry about that fuckdongle in the GTI - Somewhere, there is a cosmic coincidence control center which is currently working on a much more embarassing way for his VW to get own3d....

mhx
09-26-2003, 12:49 PM
roflol..

guess u wont be chaning your oil again..